World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some guy I met fishing the Waterfront in Bristol had photos of a 3lb bass he reckons he caught under the Suspension Bridge in Clifton. Has anyone else heard of this or his he just having a laugh??

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have fished at Aust which is near to the bridge and my friend caught a bass about 3 lbs. I have been told that bass are caught as far up as Lydney. I don't see why this is not possible.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
my biggest ever bass and ive only ever caught 2.the other a schoolie of about 1lb.was caught at new passage.near aust.so..it may be true i fished in the avon further down as a kid and fished as far down as avonmouth bridge.used to catc big eels,flounder. and heard of people catching codling,some one even talked of a 20lb lunker being taken years ago.this river has ahuge tidal range and anything can get washed in.by the way have a look in cumberland basin, and around lock gates into bristol docks at low tide you can seehuge shoals of mullet.some massive.no reason why bass shouldnt be amongst thoe on river side of gates..used to see a guy fishing into river opposite locks. also met old guy fishing down by seamills harbour(seamills train station).we used to use garden worms as bait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts