World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down the caravan on Friday night, fished Lydstep beach ( Left hand side - close to rocks) high water - 2 down. What a cracking few hours - water was like a mill pond/no cloud/warm & being a novice saw a brilliant site - dozens of bass jumping. Stopped though about an hour after h/w.

Threw a 40g Toby 50-60 yds into all the commotion - pulled in 2 , best being 2 1/2 lbs. Great fun off the beach with light gear - 9ft spinning rod , 8lb line.

Best of all the missues & kids saw it all - now they know what the fuss is about.

Topped of with a rather large Doggie of 3lb 4oz , taken on sandeel ledgered.Missed a big knock on the last cast - nearly pulled the rod out of my hands.

Sunday am - fished Black Rock - 3 up , flat calm. Took a 1 1/2 lb ballan Wrasse & 3 small pollack of float fished rag. Looking directly into approx' 20ft of water - you could see the coalies & pollack circling then attacking the bait. Fantastic.

Shed loads of sandeel in the water to.

Threw on a rapala sliver on the spinning rod - had one pollack come screaming out of nowhere came to within a foot of it & buggered off.Magic to see though.

Missed quite a few bites & after connecting with a few close into the rocks - after taking in the slack - appeared snagged this happened three times in total - last time , gave it some & there on the end was the Wrasse!. Is this usual Wrasse behaviour? - do they bolt back from whence they came & hold on for dear life?

I rekon i might have had more success if I'd used a stiffer rod - I was using my bass rod - very little leverage.

All in all a fantstic weekend. (Apart from the Rugby)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
hi tog.

i went to black rock on sunday 2 . iwas talking 2 u and didnt even now it was u.u told i hate whiting and i about the bass.i think i had a wrasse on after you left .it took the float then snagged me up.

buggers.

nice meeting u mate and thanks for the rag i had a few pollock out of it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi Tog

Nice to see you got into some fish at Lydstep.

When you down next? I talked to you via e-mail a few weeks back (changed profile name from GB, "problems")

Next time your down give me a shout and we'll hook up if your still up for it.

GB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts