0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do bass normally stay?
what do they eat?
what would be the best rig for them?

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
a good rig is the pulley pennel i think.
they like crab, sandeel.rags, macky heads and live bait such as joey mackeral (maybe better give that one a miss for a while) why don't you try a mackie head not too far of the beach if they are in your area. as for where they stay,
HOLIDAY INN? (SORRY COULDN'T HELP IT) this last comment was due to no parental guidance :D

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Hi jake and welcome back-we've missed you:

In addition:
try fishing just inside the surf line using big worm baits and a 3 hook Paternoster-this set up has accounted for most of my fish.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Jakeb
We all have our favourite rigs for various kinds of fishing due to the fact that we have been sucessful with that particular rig. No doubt one day (hopefully soon) you will come up with the rig you prefer to use due to the fact that you have been successful with it. There isn't really a best rig so to speak, just personal choice, but please don't be afraid to change to something different or new if things arn't happening for you. Angling very often can be about trial and error.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I'm not the most experienced person, but like paidfor.... said change around till you find the right one for you and where you fish and try using long snoods, the same works best for flatties but again not always!!!

With my rigs i prefer multi-hook rigs because of the added send and it allows me to have one hook hard on the deck and another more active one higher up.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Jakeb

Ive found that the bass where i normally fish are partial to a Rag and Squid cocktail. As for rigs/traces its personal preference. My trace I use i first saw it a Sea Angler magazine about 20 years ago.

Woodster

PS Welcome back you have been missed

·
Registered
737 Posts
Jaceb Just Going Off The Subject Have You Got An Angling Club In Your Area .if You Have Give Some Thought To Joining It As No Matter How Many Questions You Ask On This Forum You Will Be Better Of Actually Being Shown How To Do Things And Most Clubs Willinly Accept Young Members.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts