World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello out there would like to try abit bass fishing is there any where up here that fishes .:secret:

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
theres a light surf on all the beaches at the moment but the water will have colour in it. fish 2 rods and drop one just behing the breakers or aroung 30 -40 yds.

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
only take 2 baits with you.. big and large rag. forget anything else and dont even tip it with anything like squid or mackerel.

so its rag only.

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
at the right time and in the right place lure work well but right now the water is coloured close to shore and bait fishing would be a better option.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
You will catch bass on the plug from the North Gare, but not until the water temperature warms up and the sea is clearer. I would fish for them with either crab or frozen sandeel as that is what they are feeding on, fishing onto the hole off the block on the Gare. You also get bass in Greatham Creek, but i suspect if you fished rag there now you would just get crabbed constantly.

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
You will catch bass on the plug from the North Gare, but not until the water temperature warms up and the sea is clearer. I would fish for them with either crab or frozen sandeel as that is what they are feeding on, fishing onto the hole off the block on the Gare. You also get bass in Greatham Creek, but i suspect if you fished rag there now you would just get crabbed constantly.
next time your there fish one hook with just rag and the other with anything you like. you,ll only take rag next time.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do i have to walk up and down the beach with me rod like, or do i just keep the bait in one spot.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
If you are plug or surf fishing then you will need to be wearing chest waders and will be in the water. Travel light and only take a rucksack of all the bits you need and a tripod or sandspike if using a bass rod or light beachcaster. I only fish one rod when surf fishing for bass and follow the tide, however this does depend on the venue though, the tide comes in quite quickle on the shallower beaches i fish on the south west coast of Scotland. If you fish the North gare though set up on the block and cast out into the hole behind the surf, as you are on a concrete platform you will not have to move your rod. Hopefully that helps mate, the Staincliffe is another mark where you may want to try for the bass.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
hi all thornies off horden beach keep hearing about people talking about it,there was a record thornie off there last october but other than that as far as i know and talking to a lad who fishes there regulary says the hype about thornies there is not correct.he says you get the odd small one and thats about it.a friend of mine has been fishing fish baits all thro winter mainly because we have had calm conditions and he has had quite a few thornies and doggies after xmas as well off seaham north pier and he says the thornies were small.
john

·
Registered
221 Posts
hi all thornies off horden beach keep hearing about people talking about it,there was a record thornie off there last october but other than that as far as i know and talking to a lad who fishes there regulary says the hype about thornies there is not correct.he says you get the odd small one and thats about it.a friend of mine has been fishing fish baits all thro winter mainly because we have had calm conditions and he has had quite a few thornies and doggies after xmas as well off seaham north pier and he says the thornies were small.
john
True, Its hype. You do get the odd one or two bass and thornies caught at horden but cerntanly not in large quantaties that people seem to think. I wish we did though.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
hello mate long time no hear,good point there ,but some species are showing more lately and hope its a good thing

i had to post sommit i been away more than a few hours without a post you will understand really ,, lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
hello mate long time no hear,good point there ,but some species are showing more lately and hope its a good thing

i had to post sommit i been away more than a few hours without a post you will understand really ,, lol

Your right coddy it has been a long time no hear lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
does any body think any bass will b playing out 2morrow with this wind blowing off the land.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts