World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well , Williman and I got there around 4pm and set up on the side of the estuary.
Beautiful late afternoon sunshine and a cool easterly blowing along the Taw from Barnstaple.
Having devoured our hot Cumberland sausage sandwiches - courtesy of Mrs. S - we set to.
Using freshly dug Harbour Rag and simple , light , running legers with size 1 hooks we duly cast out to see what was happening.

This is what happened in the following 3 1/2 hours..................................

We saw an Egret , Curlews , Seagulls and Oyster catchers.
There was a Buzzard being mobbed by Seagulls.
2 Army Merlin helicopters came over the top to land at Chivenor.
A bloke walked past with his dog.
We had a coffee.
We dug more worms.
Had another Coffee.
We put the World to rights.
We listened to the Sheep in the fields on the other side of the A361.
We watched the traffic on the A361.
We noticed a boat over at Fremington that we hadn't seen before.
Finished the Coffee and went home.

And that was it !! Not a single , solitary bite !! Not even a hint of a sniff of a bite !! Not even a Crab!!:uhuh: :blink:

Dropped in at Squires on the way back and picked up Cod and Chips - best fish of the night ! :yeah:

But are we down heartened ? NO WAY !! I know some people who would give their hind teeth just to be there , regardless.:)

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
sound like a nice evening all the same, sometime it just doesn't matter what happens does it its just amasing taking it all in.

nice one.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
never mind guys.tis one of the nicest spots on the river.doesnt feel bad when you blank there.lots of wildlife and worms to boot..:) i`d wait till august/september for the flukes to be back in the river on mass..but there is plenty of schoolies and decent mullet to target in the mean time.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Man and Nature in harmony!
Great isn't it just to be out with plenty of nature to watch.
With all that going on a fish whilst desirable is not essential.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts