World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
BASSIN ASSASSIN
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to another fav bass mark weed was NIGHTMARE wiping the lines out every cast so we dug a load of lug then set the rods up with fresh rigs,bait usual 3 rods baited with whole makkie on one double razor on the other and lug on the 3rd,
Just b4 low water thought i had weed hitting the line THEN the whole makkie rod nearly hit the deck and the reel absolutely melted after 10mins of solid pulling (knackered my arms) i beached a 10lb 10oz number 3 double figure bass and i was punching the air with joy (the bass actually snapped my 80lb shockleader as it was beached i grabbed the trace and ran as far from the water as possible)

I re-tied a new shockie and recast with fresh rig and bait and it was wiped out by 20lb of weed which hit the razor rod and snapped the 20lb line, i recast the makkie and after 15mins it was flying from the stand after 5-7mins a fat 8lb 8oz bass was beached and another fist to the sky,

my M8 couldnt get through the weed and lost 2 rigs through lines snapping (i got them back L8R though when my line was hit by a mass of weed) as the tide was well on the flood i had a bite on lug resulting in a 1lb 12oz schoolie which i put back, recast the worm and it went again resulting in a 2lbder which i gave to my M8 john for having no chance to fish properly,

I'll upload pics ASAP my phone died with the amount of sand that was blowing up the beach, cant wait till the next sesh and double figure 4 attempt

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Phew! That was hard work without paragraphs lol!

Well done on the bass.

·
BASSIN ASSASSIN
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers, stick at it a double will come someday, i was lucky i had a break in the weed and a biggun found my bait twice,
i'd of like to of landed the one i lost a few months back it was way bigger than the 10lb 10oz last night,

Christ though the bigger bass make heavy gear in a big surf feel like ur undergunned it ran like a train to try and get in2 rocks the fireblade was bent double,

·
Team Loonz
8,201 Posts
Hell of a session mate,
and to have caught 3 doubles,
some people would fish their entire life
and not achieve that.
Maybe you should change your name to Bassb2big.
Well done on your superb catch rate.

·
BASSIN ASSASSIN
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hell of a session mate,
and to have caught 3 doubles,
some people would fish their entire life
and not achieve that.
Maybe you should change your name to Bassb2big.
Well done on your superb catch rate.
Cheers M8, i intend to make it 10 10's i've had 3 more in the past i weighed the following day and they were just under 10, all except 1 caught on whole makkies (they love it) cant wait till that target 15 comes, i got the bass sussed big style for the places i fish,

I was taught by a genius bassin assassin he make my catches look poor especially on doubles, his P.B is huge but he no longer fishes due to health, i've done my 3 targets for each rod i use and i've had 64 now over 2lb-10lb 10oz (average 3-5lb) its not even the best time yet either gotta get out on the makkies again to get them for deadbaits (i use a 12inch whole makkie and they have no probs in wolfing that down)

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
You'd have killed for some of the joeys we had on the boat last weekend. I've never seen joeys this small. They were on average 4 inches long from end to end! Would have made fantastic Bass baits!

·
BASSIN ASSASSIN
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You'd have killed for some of the joeys we had on the boat last weekend. I've never seen joeys this small. They were on average 4 inches long from end to end! Would have made fantastic Bass baits!
i like makkies 10-12inches (12inch is my fav as its the usual size for makkies this way, 'MATCH THE HATCH' i was always told when fly fishing, spinning) i usually use razor the biggest i can get and double them up but find multiple big worm baits get ignored strangely but single bigger worms get results,

·
Registered
877 Posts
Awesum matey!! wish I could have made it with you, but would have been a nightmare with work today!!!! anyway, looks like we where right with the prediction....cu down down that way in 2 weeks bud

·
Registered
307 Posts
That's a Hell of a Session there Well done :clap3::clap3::clap3: Was you using Live Mackerel or Dead?? If it was dead how do you present it, Was it a Flapper??

·
Registered
867 Posts
excellant fishing m8 well done im still waiting for a pound bass let alone a double figure lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts