World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well.... on the way out i was very optomistic, seemed verry rough!! but one we had crossed thoes lovely sand banks out from burryport it calmed off a little...
firs we stopped off on a reef the other side worms head... straight into bass.... nothing of any size, but you can never expect huge fish with sandeel. best was about 4lb..
alll of a sudden the fish just turned off, as though some one had turned a tap off.
tried a few other marks with just a few coming here and there.
all the rough weather has probably broke the shoals like it has done to the mackrel.

in all a brilliant trip, conditions were against us, but all fairness the skipper tried his best.
it was a bassing trip, we caught plenty of bass. every one was happy.

as for the coments made before on a previouse thread,
the skipper is top class, it was rough out there today, it was not canceled, and we caught.
NO undersize fish were allowed to be kept, and he advised that fish should be well over the limit to be kept. he encourages catch and release, but it down to the individual!

about 40 bass were boated today. between 7 of us, 10 kept.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im out again tomorow. lost a huge take on live joey today... felt just like a bass 2!!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
from burry port. a double figure bass has ma name on it!!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ha, iv never had a double bass!! i want one!!!!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I lost one a couple of months ago off the rocks in th teifi estuary had a couple of 4lbers and managed to hand line them up but then had a big one at the bottom of the rocks and couldnt get down to it snapped the hooklength in the end

·
Registered
12,163 Posts
Well done Dorian. glad the trip wasn't canceled and you had some nice fish. Hope you do well tomorrow . Make sure you have your camera ready for that DOUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts