World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just requiring a warrior 165

What or where do people put battery isolators?

Ideally as close to battery for obvious reasons, however, I really can't decide on a suitable place to mount one on a small boat.

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
When I had a very similar boat, the battery was at the stern on the starboard side and I put the isolator just above it, fairly high on the inside of the transom - nice and dry, short run from the battery so not a lot of heavy duty cables. My current boat has it (an on/combine switch coupled with a VSR and two batteries) in a very similar location - which is where the factory fitted the original 1, 2, both switch.

·
Registered
11,884 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
iv put my bluesea twin battery switch at the back just before the baiton my 165 well it works very well there and not in the way
ill try and work out how to put a picture here for you

·
Registered
6,093 Posts

·
Banned
10,509 Posts
Which you will be purchasing & I will be fitting for you lol :)
In fairness the ones with the red keys are far better than the ones fitted to your boat (IMO) & they are what I used to use for isolating the battery when I was rallying & they were the "approved" cut off switch.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
i still say they are pretty carp in a marine environment ian bet if i was to take one apart there would be some form of corrosion on the bar or springs lol yes thanks for volunteering yourself hahaha lol is the new arrival here yet or are you still not free ???

·
Banned
10,509 Posts

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
I've had three problems with the type with the removable red key - all of which to be honest have been due to a bad location - one was in a console on a RIB where corrosion had got to it - took me 45 minutes to remove it and bolt the cables together to get the boat going again after the original installer had put it in the most awkward position possible, another was under the seat of a RIB which was in a damp location - again corrosion got to it, and the final one was outside on the rear of RIB console - in a very vulnerable position - I caught the key as I was moving around the boat, and it turned to the off position and broke off and I couldn't switch it back on with the part that remained in the switch.

For my money, this is the one I would get for a single battery - can't go wrong with Blue Sea and the knob is removable so just the same level of security as a key: http://www.force4.co.uk/blue-sea-m-...-switch.html?sqr=battery switch&#.Vtavmcec-Cd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.