World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, just thought i would report on the days fishing i did yesterday at the Battery Park in Greenock, used to fish this mark a couple of years back when i used to dig the bait in cardwell bay. The park always fishes better at low tide i found, anyway i went yesterday and caught 3 codling weighing up to 2pounds and a couple of flounders and coalies, not bad for 4hours fishing, note that the bait i was using was lugtipped with white rag, always worked for me there.
Cheers.

·
Registered
233 Posts
If you like to catch coalfish and pollock i suggest you go to a spot at the end of the waterfront near the docks. It is outside a restraunt called brewsters and get a line out either between the 2 walls or get a line out towards the rocks. I went there with my friend about 20 times last summer and it was the best fishing i had ever done. One of the days we had a total catch of 33 coalfish and pollock between us, happy fishing

·
Registered
233 Posts
i forgot to tell you that it is in greenock

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh i know where u are talking about, i live in greenock just behind the custom house quay, all along the waterfront is fishable with coalies, pollack n the ocassional codling making an appearance.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Cod_Fisher_Cc said:
If you like to catch coalfish and pollock i suggest you go to a spot at the end of the waterfront near the docks. It is outside a restraunt called brewsters and get a line out either between the 2 walls or get a line out towards the rocks. I went there with my friend about 20 times last summer and it was the best fishing i had ever done. One of the days we had a total catch of 33 coalfish and pollock between us, happy fishing
i was that friend :D glad i remembered to bring a towel :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Birdseye said:
Hello folks, just thought i would report on the days fishing i did yesterday at the Battery Park in Greenock, used to fish this mark a couple of years back when i used to dig the bait in cardwell bay. The park always fishes better at low tide i found, anyway i went yesterday and caught 3 codling weighing up to 2pounds and a couple of flounders and coalies, not bad for 4hours fishing, note that the bait i was using was lugtipped with white rag, always worked for me there.
Cheers.
I fished this mark today and knowing it well over twenty years I reckon your talking pish ....I gave it everything with all manner of bait and never had a single bite....fresh peeler, ragworm, lugworm, white rag, sandeel and Mackerel......need I go on?....this mark was good 20 years ago but is pure pish just now (like the rest of the Clyde)...if your going to post info then make it recent and accurate....

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
exgreenockian said:
I fished this mark today and knowing it well over twenty years I reckon your talking pish

LOL you sure dont mince your words m8 :p

welcome to the forum neway

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
exgreenockian said:
I fished this mark today and knowing it well over twenty years I reckon your talking pish ....I gave it everything with all manner of bait and never had a single bite....fresh peeler, ragworm, lugworm, white rag, sandeel and Mackerel......need I go on?....this mark was good 20 years ago but is pure pish just now (like the rest of the Clyde)...if your going to post info then make it recent and accurate....

Welcome to the forum m8, I can tell u now i was not talking pish, why would i try to kid everyone on i caught fish didnt??? i know the mark and the whole clyde was good years ago with decent cod possible, but u still get codling here, there not big or in numbers but there still there, u must have had a bad day as all of us have from time to time, i for instance blanked two days in a row last week in gourock, but thats whats happens. Every post i post is recent and accurate.
ps went to the Custom house quay today, fished for 9 hours, caught 2 undersize coalies and a 1 codling, all fish were returned, by they way just because u blanked doesnt mean there are not any fish.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Birdseye

Does the Custom House Quay fish well at any point of the year or is it similar year round? I tried along at Brewsters the other weekend for a couple of hours but didn't get a bite!

What baits etc were you using?
Cheers

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was using frozen black lug, peeler crab, and ragworm, caught the codling on the ragworm. The best spot at the custom house is further along, there is a green buoy not that far out, near the cinema.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I never lie....I state fact and I feel sorry for you guys fishing what once was a haven for numbers of fish of all descriptions.....I stood at the Gamble Steps watching the boats coming back from the Gantocks and me and my pal were given a 14lb Cod to take home as there was so much fish on the boat...happy memorises!.... but I wouldn't touch it with the proverbial barge pole anymore......when I read that the Battery might be producing bits , I decided to have another go....nothings changed!....Still love my beach angling though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts