World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello one and all,

Last Saturday I made it down to Milton-On-Sea from Oxford two and half hours drive. Got there in time for high tide and darkness and Rain. Good for Cod but no good without a shelter when wearing Glasses.

So who rates John Holden beach buddies as opposed to Ron Thompson Beach Shelters? Would value all comments so that I can make a purchase decision.

Please note I have a minimum of 2.5 hours drive to any coast most some time longer, so I need to stay overnight to make it worthwhile and in Winter I should not like to buy twice. Help Please.

M

·
0 Posts
hi mate,
i am in the same boat as you and have a two hour drive to the nearest coastline so when i get there i want some comfort so i can fish a decent lengthof time. I have a ron thomson beach shelter which is very easy to put up and keeps you nice and snug and warm. But it does not appear as though it will last more than a year or so. I think the holden shelter would be a better bet for longevity even if a lot more initial outlay is required.
cheers Karl

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Leeshore,

John Holden every time, cannot be beaten. Best thing since sliced bread. I was down at Milford last Sunday 12th, how did you do? Other than a few doggies and Pout it was otherwise a dead loss.

Like yourself I have a 2 hour drive to the nearest coast line, I live near Amersham. Do you go boat fishing? I regularly fish out of Portsmouth or Mudeford, usually a 10 hour trip + the journey but normally well worth the drive.

Cheers

Drew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts