World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing for information on 15' beachcasters i:e pro's / cons .. apart from the obvious that it's bigger than other beachcasters and casting performance... Thinking of getting one.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
The way this government is rolling over to the EEC and the commercial boys I think you wanna forget the beachcaster and invest in a couple of miles of gill net particularly if you fancy a couple of bass :mad:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've got four of them, trabucco firebird, trabucco athena, trabucco nemesea, vercelli armarell, all are slightly different from each other. All are exellent at chucking bait s along way (with the overhead thump )but wind them upand thy absolutely fly, my next rod maybe a tronix cobra gt exellent write up........all the best Nick

·
Registered
142 Posts
Took a walk down Knab rock last night to catch up with a few mates, and to be nosy!
Counted 6 guys using Cobras... must be something about them to be so popular?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I use a 15 ft k2 extreme for my Match rod these days

I find I can put baits out further and easier with the 15 compared to the 13 and my multi

Fixed spool with braid on big rod is the way to go on clean ground for me now

Can't fault it so far and I've defiantly noticed the difference in matches

like the look of the cobra too . Might be my next purchase

·
Banned
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use a 15 ft k2 extreme for my Match rod these days

I find I can put baits out further and easier with the 15 compared to the 13 and my multi

Fixed spool with braid on big rod is the way to go on clean ground for me know

Can't fault it so far and I've defiantly noticed the difference in matches

like the look of the cobra too . Might be my next purchase
do you use shock leader with the braid m8 and if so what type mono/ braid . cheers

·
Registered
334 Posts
do you use shock leader with the braid m8 and if so what type mono/ braid . cheers
When I first tried braid I used 30lb diawa something . Was a really bad shout ended up wasting £30

Any sort of onshore wind and all hell would brake loose .

Using 50lb whip lash with a 60lb leader it's overkill really but still casts like a good one . The extra diameter seems to stop the wind knots .

Haven't had one since I switched to 50lb

I got one of them Penn spinfisher 7500lc so can use the fixed spool off the Rock marks too if I nest my two multis

It's working well fair play

·
Registered
284 Posts
Took a walk down Knab rock last night to catch up with a few mates, and to be nosy!
Counted 6 guys using Cobras... must be something about them to be so popular?
I think its cos they seem to have more grunt than normal continental rods, better for the channel, im thinking of getting a pair but the green puts me off lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts