World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've noticed from our web records that a while ago you had a really active thread about our BeachBaitCaster.

We are trying to re-develop it and want to get as much feedback as possible about it.

We're not after sales at the mo' just your thoughts.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Graham

www.beachbaitcaster.com

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Graham, how about sending me one up for trial purposes, and i will give you plenty of feed back, will let every one get a shot cheers allan.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Are you sure its Legal? It must develop a lot more than 12ft/lbs, Ive got a feeling you might need a firearms certificate to own one. Have you spoken to anyone regarding its legality?

Does look pretty cool though!

·
Registered
856 Posts
I really like the idea, and remember reading a lot about it when it first came out.
I think it would be a brilliant idea for people who find casting a problem due to medical complaints (or people who just can't seem to cast, no matter how much they practise).

Problems I can see with it are the safety aspect.
1. Not that it is unsafe, but that people could misuse it, or not follow the instructions properly. I know this can happen with normal beachcasters as well, but I can't imagine what some of the people I see on local piers in the summer could do with this badboy. Although I suppose these same people could go out and buy an air rifle just the same.
2. I am not sure how comfortable I would be using it, it just doesn't seem like cricket. I know you still fight the fish, but it seems wrong. Carp anglers use bait boats to put thier rigs where they want, catfish anglers use rowing boats on the continent, Kiwis (?) use kites, etc etc. so maybe I am just being daft.
3. There would be a lot of people taking the pee out of anyone using one, not that I would let that bother me too much if I was putting extra fish on the beach.

I would definately try it a couple of times, but it would be on a desserted beach I think, and not at the current £650.

Cheers,
Geoff

·
Registered
856 Posts
Also, it would be even better if it could fire out Dvices!

·
Registered
871 Posts
would like to see what would happen if you didn't pull the bail arm over lol

interesting product, i have thought about something like this my self, didn't know it exists, but honestly £650 is far to much money IMO. choice of rigs you can use looks limiting also, but as stated on the site, fishing a pennel for cod would probably be the best use for most people.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Reminds me of that supergun that saddam had lol.

Would be great fun with rocks and fireworks.

If you ever got it wrong though and missed a snagging loop of line the whole darned shooting match would take off out towards the horizon.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i rather by HSM ziplex and 7ht and still have change:thumbdown

G

·
distance v cost .. thats a no win ..
if you could get it to 450m and get a lot more shots per tank plus bring it down to £250 you may have a lot more intrest .
a pound weight when realing in is a bit much bring that down to 7-8oz and you would have the extra distance smaller tube and a cost saving .

but the legal things really does have me bothered could you imagine if a bunch of chavs got hold of this or a few ?? world war 3.....

:nono::black_eye

1 - 13 of 13 Posts