World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody been down to Chesil recently - is there much about? What state of tide; time of day etc etc. Usually fish for mackerel but got friends coming down who'd like to catch something/anything!
Alternatively, any hotspots anywhere on the south coast - Chesil right down to Brixham?

Please help! Cheers
:)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
hi jude,
i fish it all the time. at the moment it is fishing well at most places along the beach. West bexington is my favourite with plaice, dogs, pout, smoothound and the odd sole at night recently, cogden and abbotsbury are giving similar results. at the portland end of the beach and ferrybridge there have been plenty of hounds and dogfish along with plaice, gunard, pout, bass, pollack and loads of mackerel.
i have found that 2 hrs ether side of high water is the best time and if you fish in the evening as it gets dark you will have the most veriety.
another good tip is to fish a mackerel head and guts about 10-20 yrds out a pully or running ledger rig when it is dark, you will stand a good chance of a bass.
just call in to weymouth angling center near the harbour, they will point you in the right diretion.
hope this helps,
john

1 - 2 of 2 Posts