World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for some advice and sought out this forum! It is my boyfriend's birthday soon and I'm looking to get him a fishing rod and reel. Nothing too flash but something solid that will last on the local rocks. I live in a small village on the NE of Scotland 5 mins away from a rocky headland where there are plenty of outcrops for casting off. I reckon he would be out perhaps once a fortnight (perhaps more during the summer as we also climb down on this beach).

Any recommendations would be great - I did spot some rod 'n' reel deals on Shakespeare models (I think it might have been the Contender?).

Also any good books with instructions on making lines, bait, casting etc would be great. I have fished before but not for a few years and my own kit has been lost over several house moves.

Many Thanks in Advance
Rowie:)

·
Registered
89 Posts
hi newbie here not sea fished before and the thought of all that kit some at silly prices was well:g: :yucky: :g: ..went for contender s/pear rod and reel and found it for the money spot on. can cast 6oz 100+yards reel not to bad bit heavy but handles well.there are lots out there but for the price its great to start with..then when your hooked you can spend shed loads of money on a rod which to be honest does the same...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts