World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I new to the area and afterabout 2 years of being here I'm finally starting to find time to get some fishing in.

Has anybody and tips or locations where to fish around Hastings/St Leonards on Sea.

Thanks Paul

·
The people's moral compass
12,846 Posts
welcome to the site dude, i've never fished it, but often drive along the seafront there, those rocky area's must hold some decent fish, i'd be trying big baits or plugging for the bass,

in truth i don't know many people who fish over there, i know a few that come from that way to fish pevensey area though, i dunno if that's saying something or not, must be fish there though.

·
Registered
158 Posts
hastings has some very good marks to the right of the harbour wall is normaly the best spot in matches the new church is a gap between the rocks can aso be very good the old fishing harbour is also a hot spot .
but you must note that this time of year is probably the worst time of the year all along the coast
if you need any more advice pm me.
do ask in the tackle shops they very good and will know the spots that are fishing at the moment
cheers col

·
Registered
8 Posts
I fish hastings every week with my brother in law and it is excellant fishing ground we have had silver eels flounders bass plaice gurnards cod mackeral just about everything if you are facing the sea just to the right of the harbour or along the groyn but cast out to your right or you may hit rocks good luck!!!:sneaky2:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
am doing this from memory and have not fished the beacheas for a time but-
go down to the stade, fish the harbour wall at the far east end of the fishing beach, deep(er) water to the east of the wall, have had good bass there, to the west of the fishing harbour is a sole mark, never fished it but no someone who does, various rocks in front of the car parks in front of iceland and to the east of the new church, you see boats fishing them but maybe to snaggy fom the beach. in front of the new church in st leonards is a recognised mark to the east is very rocky. go down to the ex stamco site and there is a groyne/concrete wall that gives you deep acess. try glynne gap, very rocky and has to have bass there but tackle lossses likely to be high, wish i had the time to fish em but the boat drags me out.
ps dont forget the open surf beaches - they can produce in the right (rough) conditions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
HI All,,
Going Combe haven next week and going to take my gear etc..
Wondered if you knew a decent place for Bait and few tips on spots,
Havent got any Traces made up and not sure what to use anyway.
Got loads of Fresh line and hooks weights etc..
Any ideas please?
Thanks
Stu

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
hastings has some very good marks to the right of the harbour wall is normaly the best spot in matches the new church is a gap between the rocks can aso be very good the old fishing harbour is also a hot spot .
but you must note that this time of year is probably the worst time of the year all along the coast
if you need any more advice pm me.
do ask in the tackle shops they very good and will know the spots that are fishing at the moment
cheers col
had some nice bag.s of fish there in the hasting fish and lug only comp.s in the winter

·
Registered
150 Posts
HI All,,
Going Combe haven next week and going to take my gear etc..
Wondered if you knew a decent place for Bait and few tips on spots,
Havent got any Traces made up and not sure what to use anyway.
Got loads of Fresh line and hooks weights etc..
Any ideas please?
Thanks
Stu
There is a tackle shop very close to where you are staying called Aquamarine 01424 439866. They always have a good selection of bait. Always very helpful. Me and my lad have had two very good bass recently, biggest 8lb on mackerel fillets. Not much happening in daylight when its calm, go at night if its calm. St leonards needs a bit of chop and dirty water to fish ok in daylight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I'm coming down to the Rye/Hastings area in the next couple of weeks with a couple of friends. We're looking to do some pier/beach fishing - and are complete beginners. We've been out on organised boat trips in the past and know that the pointy end of a rod is the bit the fish bites, and the grippy bit is the bit we hold but thats about it (we're not serious fishers, but do enjoy it when we get a chance).

We're gonna buy some very cheap gear - something like http://bit.ly/3nWhAJ (I know, you're probably tutting already - I think I can hear it from here, but it only needs to last a few trips, we go so rarely) and basically we just need to know bait to use and where to go to catch some fish, preferably of the eating kind.

Any pointers???

Cheers, Jakeeboy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Just joined and have just moved and started sea fishing in Hastings.

Went Mackerel fishing Tuesday just gone and caught 20 in about 1 hour with my step son :) We was just to the left of the lifeboat station, right at the end of the last beach.

I have a question, we are going to try a Bass Lure and we will sound really stupid but are not sure how to set it up properly. Anyone got any good tips or links that can help us???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts