World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following the cancellation of my boat trip, can anyone tell me where I can go near Folkstone to have some decent sport.

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi beefcake,

How far is seabooke or hythe from the HArbour tackle shop? Any free parking near by, are the bass showing yet ? Or shall I head for Sandgate?

Thanks

·
Registered
423 Posts
seabrooke and hythe are just past sandgate (30 seconds drive to seabrooke and 2 mins to hythe)
bass are sowing there on peelers but are only small, there has been the few big ones though!!!
on the way from sandgate into hythe when you go through seabrooke along the beach there is a petral station an a little chief resteraunt, there is a turn off to the right and by that turn off there is a section of rocks.
if you fish off the rocks with a bass lure you will have a chance but next to it with peeler will attract other fish!!! (flatfish, pouting, maybe whiting and possable a poor cod)
best of luck to you and report back with what you did and where you fished!!!
beefcake

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We Got to Folkstone about 8.30am bought £25 of bait, black lug, yellow tail and Rag worms and peeler crabs. Headed for a mark I once fised near the end of the car park, but the road was close due to some contruction work.

So we headed for Sandgate beach, picked out a likely looking spot just before the first groynes, just as the tide was coming in. My fishing pal had one bite at 11.45 and struck into fish/bottom, we lost quite alot of end tackle. I did not get a single bite. At 1.30pm we packed up our gear and drove to Dungeness power station, it was packed out for as far as the eyes could see, we sheepishly found a narrow gap between some anglers, we heard some guy had 4 soles about 100 yards away from us.

At about 3.15 pm My mate had one dab on on peeler crab. I try various baits did not get any bites fishing at about 100+ yards range. Apart form the guy who had 4 soles, most other blanked. We packed up at 4.30pm.

Worked hard for our single dab, we must be mad.

Can't wait for the next trip!

Beefcake, I wish I got your the last message abit earlier.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts