Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to marbella this weekend and i need some help

what bait should i use?

what kind of rig?

and some tips please thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
I fished Nerja just along the coast from Marbella, the locals use fairly light weight float rigs off the rocks or again lightweight ledger rigs... almost coarse fishing style... They use small rag worm for bait which you can buy from a local tackle shop - hope that's helpful, good luck

·
Registered
536 Posts
You can pick up fresh bait at the local fish & tackle shops. I prefer a loaf of bread, 6 pack of san miguel, light float rod with bubble float and size 10 hooks, walk along the beach until you see the mullet on the waves and then cast behind them and drag slowly back amongst the shoal (either bread flake or inside of the slice slightly chewed to make doughy, i usually throw some bread in to keep the shoal interested, biggest thick lip about 4lbs, excellent fight on the travel rod.) Most of the locals ledger and catch small fish for the pot but i prefer the fight of the mullet. Always keep a wire trace with silver spinner or plug attached handy. There can be the occasional barracuda feeding especially near the reefs, have had them on a dexter wedge up to about 7lbs nearer Fuengerolla (watch your fingers !!!!!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts