World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,656 Posts
hi boys & gals going to muscat this feb any one done any beach fishing in this area would like advice on tackle & methods if possible
:) 30 years ago I used an ABU 4-8oz rod, ABU 9000 C reel loaded with 18lb mono, running leger to a 6/0 hook to a 60lb wire trace. If I went tomorrow I'd use a more powerful rod, a Torium 14 or 16 with 30 or 50lb braid as I had a lot of fish that would have spooled me if I hadn't broken them off.:(

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Judging by what they catch further south, Norms gear isn't overkill. Big Leopard Rays with other species mixed in. Suppose it depends on whether you are going fishing, or just fishing when you are there as to how many sets of kit you want to take?
I caught naff all on bait. but that's cos I am c**p , light lure gear was great fun. Possibly some mullet up there, and they could be big?
I did think of staying up there, but the lack of rocks/piers accessible to fish put me off, but as Norm points out the fish don't mind.
Be very interesting to see a report though

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Judging by what they catch further south, Norms gear isn't overkill. Big Leopard Rays with other species mixed in. Suppose it depends on whether you are going fishing, or just fishing when you are there as to how many sets of kit you want to take?
I caught naff all on bait. but that's cos I am c**p , light lure gear was great fun. Possibly some mullet up there, and they could be big?
I did think of staying up there, but the lack of rocks/piers accessible to fish put me off, but as Norm points out the fish don't mind.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Norm many thanks for the info will be taking spinning gear & beach gear i noticed lack of piers & rocks also but no doubt my wife will catch a few lol how long ago did you fish the area ? will post a report on my return hopefully with a few pics many thanks baz

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
forgot to ask what are the tides like if any ?

·
Registered
21,656 Posts
Hi Norm many thanks for the info will be taking spinning gear & beach gear i noticed lack of piers & rocks also but no doubt my wife will catch a few lol how long ago did you fish the area ? will post a report on my return hopefully with a few pics many thanks baz
:) 30 years ago while on Gulf Patrol during the Iran Iraq war, some fantastic fishing. Fished Muscat harbour while in for leave and fished an isolated beach when we anchored for a banyan (beach BBQ) .:)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
1.5/ 2 mtr rise and fall? if you look at tides4fishing I think Muscat is on there. there are some youtube clips of shore fishing Oman, if you can get off a pier it certainly ups your chances.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.