World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is the best times to fish off a beach i heard some people said low and some said high tide. Only asking as i have never fished from a beach thanks

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
Depends on so many things, but largely both. But the next tide it could be neither.

The time of day, the weather, the temperature and the size of tide all can effect it. The best thing is to get out there, fish it and find out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi thanks for advice is there anywhere on a beach i should fish particularly or would i have just the same amount of chance catching anywhere on a beach thanks

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
hi thanks for advice is there anywhere on a beach i should fish particularly or would i have just the same amount of chance catching anywhere on a beach thanks
Hi there,
Again, that changes, with what you are after, what type of beach, etc..
All beaches are different, and all fish look for different things, and all behave differently in changing waves and currents.
It is too long a subject for me to even touch upon here, and there must be a few articles, with pictures etc., of what to look for.
Some fish, bass say, sometimes swim between first and second breaking wave along a beach.
Bigger fish can be further out.
If there is a sideways current, there are often gulleys along the beach, and at right angles to it, as currents sweep along, then out. These collect food.
Some fish will be looking for disturbed worm beds (flat fish, cod etc.), whereas others will be looking for small swarms of bait fish (bass, etc.)

You are probably getting the idea?
Work out what species are on your beach, what type of beach it is (sand, mud, shingle), look for gulleys (you can detect these from breaking waves - if there is a sudden breaking wave, and then the wave collapses, that signifies a sand bar with a gulley lying along it's near edge), etc..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Post in a regional forum for more specific info?
I'm sure there will be someone who wouldn't mind you tagging along with them on a few trips?

·
Registered
11,355 Posts
I have always liked the change of the tide especially the last hour of the flood followed by the first hour of the ebb. Any tide can produce fish if you are in the right place at the right time, putting in the time is the key.
JonD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts