World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been using this okuma for twelve months now i am looking for another reel for my new rod but would like anyone who has used both this and the Penn 525 mags to give comparison.

Except for reel screech now sorted I have been very pleased with the way this okuma reel works. Although yet to play anything over 10lbs on it.

Would love to here anyone comments on these if ever fished side by side.
I haven't had my hands on a 525 mag extra yet but have been reading wHAt NEW ReEls threads over the last couple of days.

will i get a major difference with a 525 mag extra or a quality cheaper okuma for the second rod

www.graylinghunter.co.uk

·
Registered
620 Posts
hi there,i own 2 mag extras,my brother has a okuma,they are both good reels,but i like the penn more because its not a big n bulky as the okuma

·
Registered
271 Posts
i have both the okuma is a good reel , but i find it way to bulky to have such a small spool

·
THE TROLLING MAESTRO
8,649 Posts
hi ..i use my okuma 20 in the boat .exellent..as theres no casting involved it does not screech..

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Fished the Magnetix 20CS along side a 525 most of the winter - the biggest difference you'll notice is line capacity due to the small spool on the Magnetix. Got mine loaded with 50lb braid which is around the same diameter as 12lb mono and it holds about 220 yards max where the 525 will take a full spool (300m) of 50lb braid. But for the money the Magnetix isn't a bad reel IMO, just a shame about the spool size.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts