World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all me and a friend fished a beach mark on antrim coast on tue nite. the weather was mild and dry, sea conditions was calm.tide was going out. Bait was lug rag and makeral. we fished from 7 to 10.

fished caught
me- 12 flounder, 5 coalies, 1 small turbot and 1 small whiting

paul- 9 flounder and 1 coalie

best fish were a 36cm flounder for paul and a 35cm coalie for me

brilliant fishing plenty of fish about i only had 2 casts i never got a fish.

·
Registered
260 Posts
hi all me and a friend fished a beach mark on antrim coast on tue nite. the weather was mild and dry, sea conditions was calm.tide was going out. Bait was lug rag and makeral. we fished from 7 to 10.

fished caught
me- 12 flounder, 5 coalies, 1 small turbot and 1 small whiting

paul- 9 flounder and 1 coalie

best fish were a 36cm flounder for paul and a 35cm coalie for me

brilliant fishing plenty of fish about i only had 2 casts i never got a fish.
nice mix of fish you had , what size was the turbot ,i have seen small ones to about 2 lb from the shore
well done :punk:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please tell me! what's the point in saying 'a beach somewhere?' For pluck's sake, how childish is that!
Sea Anglers in NI should support and encourage one another, whilst promoting the sport. Not giving out obscure location information like a big wean.....It the trawlers we need to worry about not fellow anglers....Bah Humbug! rant over

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please tell me! what's the point in saying 'a beach somewhere?' For pluck's sake, how childish is that!
Sea Anglers in NI should support and encourage one another, whilst promoting the sport. Not giving out obscure location information like a big wean.....It the trawlers we need to worry about not fellow anglers....Bah Humbug! rant over
i said this because i dont no the name of the place. i dont no that area

·
Registered
366 Posts
It's my personal view that it's not the trawlers we Northern Irish shore anglers have to worry about, it's the "kill it all" brigade, which seems to be growing year on year, no doubt you've seen them on a local venue close to you, I'd say we've all had dealings with them by this stage in the game, believe Waterfoot pier and that sort of locality is swarming with them.
Of course, naming a venue, or indeed a coastline, along with pictures can give strong clues toward a venue and even the most "special" people out there can find them, however, not throwing a venue which is fishing well into the public domain for all (and I mean ALL) to see is probably for the best.
I recall hearing that a well known Irish angling journalist had his favourite wrasse mark cleaned out by what can only be described as a conveyor belt of destruction, as no less than 10 boys fished the place barren throwing writhing fish onto the flat rocks behind them and another gathered them, beheaded, and dumped the corpses into a huge 40 gallon drum. I don't have to tell you guys, wrasse are both territorial, and a VERY slow growing species, meaning this venue would take easily over a decade to recover to its former glories...
I'm all for promotion of the sport and the sharing of venues, but if we don't keep specifics on the down low then your favourite venue could be next...

Just sayin'.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Oh and, nice fishing OP.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
We have been trying to educate these people with what they are doing but they don't care. They take everything a put it in a pot. They do this where they come from because they have rapped there own waters leaving only small fish.
It is a sore subject with me because it makes my blood boil and I end up going over a having it out with them and all I get is ( I don't speak English )
Other fellow anglers have taking it to the stage of throwing there catch and gear in the water and filling them in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.