World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a really enjoyable evening yesterday even though I had just been informed that my job was soon to become redundant :cry: But not one to let the negatives get me down I met up with Ryan and Mick for a bit of practice down at Sandringham beach . Conditions were once again what you would expect when fishing, strong southerly pushing across the beach with soft sand underfoot.

For Ryan it was a day to focus on getting his stance right and ensuring the centre of balance was what was needed. As he will see in the earlier part of the video footage that will be up shortly a wide and more weight forward aspect will be better to allow a firmer plant with the left , thereby allowing him to come around more confidently , delaying the left arm pull untill the right is fully extended.
Also it highlighted how important it is to be centred with feet pointing at the target to allow the centre of balance to take the recoil effect of the rod as she unloads. As the power of the rod increases this become more important because if your not you wil be pushed around by the rod before you have gotten into a stable position. The last time out Ryan had used my Century Kompressor SS but this time around it was the Century Tio Tornado Match casting the 150 gram lead OTG.

For myself it was also a good retospective days practice as I was using my older Kompressor SS , this was due to a suggestion from another caster that I would be better served witha rod that I can load more deeeply into the but and get the maximum energy transfer to the sinker and therefore overall sinker speed and distance. My plan is to do a bit more work with this and a few of my other Century's in the coming weeks to see how this translates into distances for me.

Must say that the soft sand made for some interesting casting as it was clear that if the front foot wasn't planted firmly and the weight transfer was not stable then the rest of the cast suffered accordingly.

Beach Practice - YouTube

Looking forward to the next session out :D

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happy to help where I can , will be casting again on Sunday with a few of the guys so if you want a particular cast done give me a yell :happy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts