World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a rod for conger fishing from the rocks around Plymouth. I already have a Century Kompressor Sport but think I might need something with a bit more poke.

I'm looking at either the RT Axellerator or a Leeda Icon M-Sport. I know about the Axellerator, but can anyone advise me if i should go for the Icom M-Sport Power or Ultra power.

I had a play with the M-Sport Power yesterday but the shop didn't have the Ultra Power in stock. I can get a Leeda rod for around £135 so the price between the two is pretty close.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
The locals down there love the axe. Cheap, cheerful and does exactly what it says on the tin. Try and find an earlier one with the bnhg guides (luminous shock ring type) rather than the newer bmnag one. Just a bit more rugged is all. If you're local to Portsmouth this weekend and fancy a cast of an ultra power give me a shout. Bring your new daiwa sha and try and hit the island :)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The locals down there love the axe. Cheap, cheerful and does exactly what it says on the tin. Try and find an earlier one with the bnhg guides (luminous shock ring type) rather than the newer bmnag one. Just a bit more rugged is all. If you're local to Portsmouth this weekend and fancy a cast of an ultra power give me a shout. Bring your new daiwa sha and try and hit the island :)
Cheers Dean1 - i'm thinking of going out either friday or Saturday - I'll drop you a PM if I decide to go! Do you find the Ultra Power easy to cast or is it stiff?

·
Registered
159 Posts
yep we do love the axe but your kompressor will do the job fine really you are down grading (and im a huge axe fan) but if its just a case of not wanting to damage your century then join club axe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts