World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>Hi Everyone
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Im thinking about byin an odessa bass or odessa flattie rod does anyone know how the rods cope with big fish and casting also does anyone know what real goes best with the rod.
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Any info would excellent
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; THANKS HELPIMAFISH</font>

·
Registered
327 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>Hello Helpinafish,

I got one this week but haven&#39;t tried it yet, check out my post
"Century G5 and Shakepeare Odessa Help" in the main forum as I&#39;ve had some feedback.
I must say it looks and feels good but I need to get out with it. &nbsp;(no quotes please)

cheers....</font>

·
Registered
327 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>I have a ABU 5500 Mag that I will kick off with but I&#39;d like to get a fixed spool for more flexibility. &nbsp;I&#39;m looking at the baitrunner reels like Shimano&#39;s (lots on eBay) so I&#39;ll have the free spool option particularly for the Bass. I will though be using the rod for general light beach/shore work.
If anyone has one of these reels please add your thoughts.
cheers,</font>

·
Registered
327 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>Helpim.....

Got a couple of hours out today over high water and caught two bass, only around the 2lb mark but the rod was was very responsive and pleasing to use. &nbsp;I think that it could handle much bigger fish easily and be very capable.
Very good first impression.

Sim</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts