World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologise if this has been asked before but.......

apart from the probably obvious one of build quality??, why would I spend £120 on a beach buddy, when I could get a shelter for £50, £30 or even less??

i.e. what are members preferences, when it comes to beach shelters??

regards
Russ

:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Bozz47,

You have answered your own question.

Why buy a a rod for £120 when you can buy a garden cane for £1?

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do ou know I'm no an old woman........

Bassbies..... A brolly would be good, but pretty tricky to anchor on shingle in a blow??

Drew.... Quality used to be defined as 'Fitness for purpose at lowest cost' which really was the point of my question.

Thanks guys
regards
Russ :)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Bozz47,

Point Taken.

I still think that buying quality goods is better than buying rubbish.

I have a feeling but might be wrong: My original Holdens Buddie is guaranteed for life. I've had it for nearly 15 - 20 years, (I think) can't remember when I bought it. Although I don't use it as often as I did, it is still as good as new.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
287 Posts
hi bozz 47 , i bought a trident beach shelter about ten years ago and it's had a lot of hard us and still get a lot of hard us . it's never let me down and is a bit lighter than the beach buddy and a little cheaper . i have never done anything to it i.e clean it or reproof if . it could do with a reproof as it has one drip .It can also be put up in seconds and has room for two . i give it 8 out of 10

i've also had brollys with brolly wings . this work out cheaper but you have a pole right through the middle and doesn't have the head height that the buddy or trident has .weighs a bit lighter than a buddy .i give it 6 out of 10

these are only my opinions , hope they help ?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
At the risk of sounding flash the best shelter I've got is my aged Range Rover-keeps me warm and dry and also carries all my gear; all it took was months of grovelling to 'er indoors to persuade her that what we really needed to ferry the kids around was a 4x4 funny thing is now they don't like being taken to school in it because it smells of fish :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
stick with the trident or the buddy u wont go wrong with either,they are more expensive than others but ur paying for quality ive had mine for 15 +years and is still good.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Never used a beach shelter. Whats the point, we are meant to harden fishermen. One was under the the impression that shelters were for coarse fishing people. Sorry if this offends?

Woodster

·
Registered
17 Posts
Down here in the southwest I have not seen any sea fisherman using shelters. I tend to agree with woodster and I cant see the point of using a shelter. Wearing a suitable flotation suit even in the worst of the storms over the winter I have been warm and dry.

·
Registered
67 Posts
sorry i like to be comfy outa of the wind and rain whilst sitting there studying the end of my rod.I like my fishing to be relaxing and to be able to get away from real life.standing there in the rain and wind without a shelter would not be relaxing for me.

when i fish west bexy there are shelters dotted along the beach,little lights glowing in there shelter whilst under the stars,so peacefull and relaxing,catching is just a bonus for me

just my opinion :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[/FONT]I also enjoy fishing out of the back of the old Volvo Estate, but of course not always possible..... I looked at the Ron Thompson Shelter in Brights (Sheringham) and then wished I'd bought it when fishing on the Salthouse shingle later.

I reckon the RT shelter is a 'Quality' product.... does anyone know different??

Anyway ... thanks for all the advice guys

regards
Boz
:) :confused:

·
Registered
423 Posts
sorry i have to disagree a beach buddy is in a breed of its own,you cant put a brolley up in a strong wind without it taking off down the beach where as the buddy will stand upto almost anything the heavens can throw at it,£120 well spent

1 - 18 of 18 Posts