World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a mega-tripod rod rest like Paid4tackledealersroller got! It looks a bit like V1 rocket launcher, that holds 2 rods with their butts off the sand in sockets, & it stands about 6ft tall!
I have looked at them on the "Breakaway" site, but you can bet your life that somebody on this forum knows where to get one cheaper than that, anybody got the info?
blueskip

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Me too me too me too...........the one I was using is my brother-in-laws that he just happened to leave in the back of the Rangie. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use an Ian Golds one. With butt cups etc. It is expandable, when folded down it is only just over 3ft long but will go out to 6ft. Had it over 18 months now and can't fault it.

After I had it a month, I over tightened one of the locking nuts and stripped the thread. I called Ian Golds and he posted me a replacement and a couple of spares.

I think you can get them from most decent tackle suppliers like Veals. Veals do their own version as well.

Bob

V

·
0 Posts
i've had the same probs of stripped top thread on a 6ft ian goulds m/tripod,could you let me have his number if poss? :)

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Viper I tried the Veals site, their super match model looked good, but with a £7 p&p tag, I might as well support my local tackle shop. How do I find this Ian Gould/Gold guy if I want to buy one of his?
blueskip

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
you used to be able to get any of the Ian golds Tripods direct from him at his home in Portsmouth. Allens marine tackleshop which is copner road if memory is right? halfway along on left? someone will be able to give the proper address?

if you have some angle aluminum about 1/4 inch thich and a 2 inch angle(each side) some ally rods the length you need and some 1inch by12 inch strips, you could make one yourself.

hope it helps .... might have to start making them myself...... any takers?

V

·
0 Posts
got mine from poingdestres in southampton,a good tackle shop,not sure what they charge for p&p but their number is (02380)51007 and ask for john/don :D :D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts