World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the son in law and myself got down to lee on solent on wensday eve.
first mistake was not checking tide times, someone i know who fishes it a lot said to get there at 9.30pm. so we did only to find that the high was 3.30am.
second mistake i rang around to try to buy some peelers but had no luck.so off we go to look for some hardbacks, after lifting loads of rocks we ended up with a few. cam across a lump of concrete 6 ft long and 1ft wide, got the nipper to help turn it over as we lifted it crabs ran every where, nipper lets go to grab em the rock is to big for me to hold and it falls over and runs down my shin blood everywhere and onto my foot. still stinging and burning now right mess.
were now armed with a few crabs and some ragworm. we fished till 3 30am and had two new born smuts about 9ins long and a small bass. some people just up ftom us had 3 smuts around 5lb and finished with a 13.5 pounder they were using peeler and spider peelers. we did enjoy the trip but being beach fishing virgins can see that we need much more preperation next time.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
well the son in law and myself got down to lee on solent on wensday eve.
first mistake was not checking tide times, someone i know who fishes it a lot said to get there at 9.30pm. so we did only to find that the high was 3.30am.
second mistake i rang around to try to buy some peelers but had no luck.so off we go to look for some hardbacks, after lifting loads of rocks we ended up with a few. cam across a lump of concrete 6 ft long and 1ft wide, got the nipper to help turn it over as we lifted it crabs ran every where, nipper lets go to grab em the rock is to big for me to hold and it falls over and runs down my shin blood everywhere and onto my foot. still stinging and burning now right mess.
were now armed with a few crabs and some ragworm. we fished till 3 30am and had two new born smuts about 9ins long and a small bass. some people just up ftom us had 3 smuts around 5lb and finished with a 13.5 pounder they were using peeler and spider peelers. we did enjoy the trip but being beach fishing virgins can see that we need much more preperation next time.
Eventful! At least you had a go :clap3:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts