World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
looking for a cheap beach caster, seen the grauvell xf surf 15 ft, 3pc, 4-6 oz for £39.99 with a grauvell beach fixed spool reel, with spool,from veals any veiws

·
Registered
50 Posts
john said:
Hi all
looking for a cheap beach caster, seen the grauvell xf surf 15 ft, 3pc, 4-6 oz for £39.99 with a grauvell beach fixed spool reel, with spool,from veals any veiws
Hi,

If you want really cheap, I've seen the 12FT Fladden 'Powerstik' 2pc with a fladden reel and line for £20 before now, I often use one of these as a second rod (but with a multiplier), they are not a bad action, though I found the eyes were a bit naff, ended up whipping a set of Fuji shock ring eyes on instead. One thing I have noticed with 3pc rods, is that they tend to be a bit whippy, making bite detection harder, and in a strong current or high winds, the tip just dances around making bite detection near impossible.

Regards A..

V

·
0 Posts
seen a post on here about them,good suits **** rods,still you get what you pay for eh!

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
the rod i have is ok for 40 quid.
leeda quicksilver fs beach. casting wieght 4-6 oz.
good for 40 quid.
does the job for me as i am 14 and don't have much money in me pocket at times.
if you are looking for a cheap reel....
i just subscribed to tsf magazine and got a free okuma beach fixed spool reel.

whiting hater

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi John,

Stay away from Fladden!!!!!! You have been warned. Save up a little longer and buy a cheap Daiwa, Abu or Shimano. You only get what you pay for, buy cheap and you get cheap rubbish.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
save up and but a penn ppt rod. great rods.

ive recently bought a 45 quid mustand viking lite.

its great its got fujji rings shrink rap comfy coasters the lot . very good for the price.

most tackle dealers sell it for 60 but there is a sale at my local

cheers

rocky

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
marcus said:
ROn Thompson supreme is a half decent Rod,,its about £30..i got 2 of em,,good sturdy rod,,works wel
John

RT combo seems good. Will be using mine next weekend for the first time (will let u know how it goes. Me finks Marcus and i shop at the same place ?????

Woodster

V

·
0 Posts
try leeda ikon 12ft fs or m,had a couple for a year for rough stuff and they have stood up to everything so far,only paid £33 each from poingdestres,sea angler has an advert of thiers. :D

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Got a Ron Thompson Supreme uptider and it's been absolutely fine mind you the first one I bought didn't suvive an encounter with a car door before I even got it wet. Also got a Shakespeare Mentor beachcaster cost me £30 and although it ain't gonna win any long distance casting awards it's been perfectly adequate for my needs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts