World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
arrived 19.30 armed with fresh peeler,black lug and squid.one rod was to have peeler/squid out in the surf after a decent size bass and the othr rod at my usual fish catching distance of about 40-50 yds baited with lug basically fishing for anything swimming about.
3 hrs passed and not a nibble apart from bloody crabs.this was odd even for me not to be able to pick up a whiting.re-baited and belted out as far as i could in the quite significant wind.bang bang the fish decent size whiting came in.carried on pretty much the same till about 1.30 when i called it a day as the bass wasn't goin to grace me with it's prescence.

i thought it looked quite fishy last night,south westerly with a bit of surf.but hey ho that's fishing.

ian

Registered
You were not to far from me and Vic Fisher last night.
We were at Edinburgh road,
We had Pout,Whiting and Thornies,i left at 2:30am ish,Vic fished on for longer,not heard if he got a Bass that we were after.

I didnt think that it was very windy last night,must have picked the right spot :)

Registered
You were not to far from me and Vic Fisher last night.
We were at Edinburgh road,
We had Pout,Whiting and Thornies,i left at 2:30am ish,Vic fished on for longer,not heard if he got a Bass that we were after.

I didnt think that it was very windy last night,must have picked the right spot :)
Not a chance Phil - I stayed for another hour, had more whiting but nowt else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.