World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure here to put this so a mod can move it if its in the wrong section .

There was a dead whale washed up last Friday in kinghorn !! just to the left of the harbour ,so me and my work bud went today to see if we could find it,this thing is stinking !! all bloated and a yellow/orange colour .we think its a minky whale but not sure ,its around 12-14 feet long .

its being moved right now if anybody wants to watch to ether burntisland /kinghorn beach to disposed of .

plan is to tow it of the rocks with the help of the lifeguard and then beach it .

the strange thing about the whale is it has no bottom jaw which i suppose could have fallen off BUT!!! i did watch a program on discovery about killer whales killing other whales and eating there tongue !! any relation who knows .

happy viewing if you go down :)

Mark

ps i aint ther because 30 yards was close enough for me today huuuuwww !!! lol

·
Registered
311 Posts
the killer whales have moved on but a dead baby was found by the guy next door to me in newmills a couple of months ago, some dude from the sealife center in st andrews came and picked it up

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Killer whales are not uncommon in the Forth,I've seen quite a few over the years,I think it's the seals that interest them.One late summer evening a few years ago a whale slowly swam past the point of Anster Red Pier,just maybe 20 yards off.I spoke to a professor from St Andrews University at the time and described it and he reckoned it was a minke whale.

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
Obese tourist airlifted from ship

A rescue helicopter took the man to hospital
An obese American tourist who fell ill on a cruise ship had to be carried off by helicopter.
The man, who weighs 32 stone (203kg), was on board a luxury five star cruise ship anchored in the Firth of Forth when he suffered gastric problems

this one by anychance

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
That exploding whale clip was so funny - only in the US of A!

·
The Podlie King
1,336 Posts
Q. what was it doing on the beach?
A. Minking (sorry guys).

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i was told it was a baby killer whale this morning :g:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts