World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fishing Addict
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all a few of us are planning on heading to the above for a seshion on the cod,just looking on a bit of advice as ive never fished there before,manny thanx in advance
rob

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
First bit of advice....wear waders, it can get extremely muddy.
Use big lug baits, and dont be afraid to make them BIG.....whole squid works well too.
Something else.....dont fish too big a tide, that way you can just stay put on the grass bank and have a nice fire..... Fishing shortly after a big tide will give you plenty of firewood to collect, though obviously a few days without rain beforehand is needed.
Fossil beach can also be a great mark, I know Mike likes it there.
Not sure if day or night makes too much difference due to the water being so muddy.

·
Registered
522 Posts
hi all a few of us are planning on heading to the above for a seshion on the cod,just looking on a bit of advice as ive never fished there before,manny thanx in advance
rob
look at early october m8 and a tide less than 10.8mtrs for saftey reasons and give fossil beach a go,a tide around 10mtrs i find is just right for fossil and it will give you plenty of fishing time as you are comeing a fair way.the codling should be up here hopefully again in good numbers around this time with plenty of 3lbers to be had and a good chance of something a bit bigger,rag and lug is all you need and as for rigs i always use a small hook length pulley 10/12inches max hook length.

dont attempt going on fossil above a 10.8mtr you could find yourself in serious trouble hope this helps come and enjoy our codling and mud:thumbs:

·
Registered
522 Posts
we will try and find a tide for fossil asap and dont forget the bbq, bbq cod fillets MMMMMmmmmm.
lug lug and more lug on pulleys leave the dropers at home and no making sandeel wraps either lol.
as you well know m8 you cant beat a good all nighter on fossil:thumbs:

·
Registered
262 Posts
can someone send me a pm with directions on the mark please ??? i will be driving up from newport .. thanks guys:bangin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts