World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am travelling up to Berwick upon Tweed tomorrow for a long weekend, this time I am taking the rods. I will be stopping at the Berwick caravan park. I have been told that the little bay below the park is ok but also that Berwick isn't known for its shore fishing. Years ago we used to stay at Beadnell and have heard good reports from the beaches there. Does it fish ok from across from the campsite or do I need to be elsewhere? or maybe I should fish Berwick? all advice and tips greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
[quote="My God Cod";632466]I am travelling up to Berwick upon Tweed tomorrow for a long weekend, this time I am taking the rods. I will be stopping at the Berwick caravan park. I have been told that the little bay below the park is ok but also that Berwick isn't known for its shore fishing. Years ago we used to stay at Beadnell and have heard good reports from the beaches there. Does it fish ok from across from the campsite or do I need to be elsewhere? or maybe I should fish Berwick? all advice and tips greatly appreciated.
Thanks.[/quote]

try beadnell bay south look it up on google earth or multimap accessing the bay from low newton

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May be trying Warkworth beach also as I have to pick bait up from Amble.
Cheers for the link Bigpaul.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
[QUOTE="My God Cod";632466]I am travelling up to Berwick upon Tweed tomorrow for a long weekend, this time I am taking the rods. I will be stopping at the Berwick caravan park. I have been told that the little bay below the park is ok but also that Berwick isn't known for its shore fishing. Years ago we used to stay at Beadnell and have heard good reports from the beaches there. Does it fish ok from across from the campsite or do I need to be elsewhere? or maybe I should fish Berwick? all advice and tips greatly appreciated.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

the little bay below the caravan park holds big flatties m8t, only a little channel
runs out 2 the right when the tide is ebbing, drop in the channel:)
they used 2 net the channel at 1 time.
or walk north across the golf coarse following the cliff tops, walk about a mile,
u will come 2 a big gully cut out of the cliffs, go down on2 the cliff & chuck straight out- 60-70yrds there is a underwater channel running straight out from the cliff & holds some good fish. i used 2 fish this all the time & never failed 2 catch.
used 2 stay in a caravan there every year:)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
from berwick your not far from eyemouth, it could be worth a shot, spinning for pollack and coalies, hoy the big rod out for red cod or wrasse, i had pollack just up from there at st abbs so eyemouth could be promising

1 - 5 of 5 Posts