World Sea Fishing Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Do you really believe they are needed. I saw a video where bait was placed in a wire basket and dozens of place picked away at the food in front of the camera, not a bead in sight.
Ever the sceptic , like out else a confidence thing cant do no harm .

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just started using 2 luminous 8mm bead 14mm bright red floating bead 2 more luminous beads size 2 hook strip of squid no plaice but a 6lb smooth hound took it doing about 40mph tripod two beach casters straight down . just ordered some sequins bling bling

·
Registered
408 Posts
It wouldn't make any difference what colour beads you use where I fish for plaice, the water is that muddy they can't see them, a bit of smelly bait is better, lug worm a few days old.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Fished by a mate recently and he caught 6 plaice in a hr an a half only one was under 2 lb on fresh blacks no beads I had beads same bait no plaice only difference 20 yards he had on me with casting year before I had two specimen plaice on beaded rigs same bait same time of year he had none guess you stick to wot your confident with but as been said before maybe the sound of the beads clicking together have a bit to do with it ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
couldn't get any green beads so bought orange. At the weekend fished green and black and orange and black, same rods, reels, trace and line... Orange and black outfished black and green 3 -1. So who knows....

21 - 27 of 27 Posts