World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after fishing tues at felixstowe, i had more bait left than the local tackle shop,so knowing it would not last til the weekend i decided to give canvey a bash.
winds was forcast quite strong ,but there was no wind(well little gusts )it took me 1 hour and a half to get there (12 miles)traffic was horrendous,eventually pulls up at said venue to find nobody there (result)sets my stall up,two hook clip downs sakuma mantras, im thinking big baits just in case,lug,blacks ,party squid,peelers,macerel,and the odd sandeel was the bait used.
then the onslaught started,as quick as i could double pat,it was two at a time ,yes bleeden wytings millions off the things, i tried my best to empty the thames of them but i failed miserably in my opion, i must have had 30 ,tried bulking up the baits with 3 lug ,1 black,1 squid, and a peeler but they still ate the lot, i was beat up bad and cometh high tide ,id ran out of bait,that dont happen often lol.

so im sat here pondering about the elusive thames cod and my next mission

·
Registered
670 Posts
after fishing tues at felixstowe, i had more bait left than the local tackle shop,so knowing it would not last til the weekend i decided to give canvey a bash.
winds was forcast quite strong ,but there was no wind(well little gusts )it took me 1 hour and a half to get there (12 miles)traffic was horrendous,eventually pulls up at said venue to find nobody there (result)sets my stall up,two hook clip downs sakuma mantras, im thinking big baits just in case,lug,blacks ,party squid,peelers,macerel,and the odd sandeel was the bait used.
then the onslaught started,as quick as i could double pat,it was two at a time ,yes bleeden wytings millions off the things, i tried my best to empty the thames of them but i failed miserably in my opion, i must have had 30 ,tried bulking up the baits with 3 lug ,1 black,1 squid, and a peeler but they still ate the lot, i was beat up bad and cometh high tide ,id ran out of bait,that dont happen often lol.

so im sat here pondering about the elusive thames cod and my next mission
At least you didnot blank. Dont forget Mondays mini meet at the wharfe should be a whiting masacreeeeeee with the occational COD.:thumbs::nonono:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
never mind Tel, i am sure we will give it a go at emptying the thames of ting tonight

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im sure you will andy,we are back down there tommorow morning as well for a match(me and the one who keeps feeling ya)lol.

pete what time we meeting on monday?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
:hug:Useless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Must try harder. You Essex boys are still letting the whiting reach the pure cod filled waters of Kent :)
Don't worry Shirl we have just finished our match on Canvey, top catch was 32 whiting, second was 28 and so on down the list, the dangler had the biggest around the lb mark. all in all a good night for thinning out the whiting. I am sure whopper and co will remaove a few more for you as well so we are really trying to stop them getting to the hallowed beaches!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts