World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys me and the other half (kelly) started the evening off down neros at about 19.00 as we got there we both decided that best way to fish was on a three hook flapper baited up with a large yellow tail on all three hooks
just before any casting was done i asked kelly if she fancied having a little comp between us just to try make it a little more intresting!
so after ten minutes off tryin to perswade her it was going be fun she said ok and the baits hit the water
and rod was on the rest waiting for that tell tail tap from a whiting but nothing happened till about 19.45
when kellys rod started bouncing
couple more taps later kelly reeled in to find a little bass off 48cm long just over the legal size
by now after her measuring it i was getting a little jelouse so she baited up again and the baits hit the water for the second time, not long after she put the rod down on the rest it started tapping away again for her to bring in a nice brace off whiting off a nice size.
so like normal baited up and casted back out again and the same thing happend couple more whiting by now i was getting fed up off her catchin fish so by now the time was getting on to nearly 21.00hrs
knowing that we both have work in the morning we said that it would be last cast so we baited up with some fresh lug and the bait hit the water for the last time,just for her rod to start tapping again for her to find another nice bass off 47cm still just over the size limit
this is when we decided that it was time to go

so id just like to say well done to my other half kelly for her frist time fishing and catching two bass
and ill upload pictures tommrrow off her lovely fish dont think she's going to let this down :bleh:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
nice report, good to know nero's is fishing half decent. don't get many reliable reports from the venue.

i feel your pain. i've recently introduced my girlfriend to sea angling, and now get beaten everytime. i'm running out of excuses now. lol

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
41cm ia the size that match anglers fish to under the old nfsa sizes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts