World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Went out on Becky M yesterday for my first boat trip. Me, Birdsnest Master and Hermit got to Lymington for 8.00 ready for the 8.30 pick up, we meet up with one of the other guys who was also booked on with us that day and had a quick chit chat.

I don't think any of us were expecting to be out with the weather the way it was the day before, but it had changed somewhat and looked very good. Becky M turned up on time and we meet Dave the skipper and his deck hand Arron who were both nice guys and very helpful, seeing as it was are first trip.

We headed out over towards the I.O.W and done a bit of Mackie bashing for ten minutes or so to stock up with bait and then headed back towards Sowley, Dave had decided to stay inside the solent as the weather reports were not great still. We dropped anchor just off Sowley and started to fish with mackie and squid. I think Hermit was the first to catch, with a dog fish or two the Birdsnest master had a good take, which resulted in a smooth hound of just under 15lb. By this time I was thinking it was going to be a great day for it, the other two guys on the boat had a fair few bream between them and Hermit had another dog. Arron had a nice Bass and a small thorn back but that was about it for the day as the wind picked up pretty strong in the afternoon, the fishing dropped off and all I could manage was 3 Mackies for my efforts!!

Had a great day out all the same even if the fishing was pretty poor and I will soon be out again with Dave on Becky M.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Good report bagstar, sounds like a nice day, Thats a cracking hound for hermit. Have you got any pics of the day.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep here is the Hound caught by Birdsnest Master (unfortunately not Hermit as well).

·
Banned
684 Posts
Yep,really nice fish for him,boy did it go. Thought we would be in for cracking session on the Smuts especially when this 1 fell for Squid,but no just a couple more pups. Pity we didnt have any Crab with us,reckon we could have had a few decent ones on-board b4 the weather changed. Def get out again soon with Dave b4 he retires( if the rumour is true), thank god no-one wanted to use his toilet!!:laugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts