World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
'Blast Beach Veteran'
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......since i was on here, and even longer since i was out.
Well with a few problems with health and personal bits and pieces, i see a light. Not a 300 lumen jobby, but a light all the same at the end of lifes never ending tunnel.

A trip away was what was needed. Only a single night, but who's complaining. A rake in the freezer Friday night turned up a small pack of reeking squid but Morrisons had a decent sized mackie, and some sprat on the 'quick still fresh' counter. 49p for a dozen or so. Sorted. Car was packed Saturday lunchtime, a quick whistle and mad Billy was aboard. We were off to pastures new.

I had spent a bit time cyber touring the A83 South of Inveraray on Google maps, and had spotted a likely looking place with enough room for one car and one tent. Perfect. Nee room for potential neighbours. Just me and Billy.
Got set up late afternoon and chucked a sprat out.

Billy watches for a bite.

While i return to the car for a pew and a pint.

Well i should have known. It was a dog a chuck till the tide turned, then nowt, not a sniff.
Next day the weather was glorious. Bright sunshine so it was playtime before the journey home.

Playtime.

Obligatory shower.

Cheers all, i hear the East coast a calling.

·
Registered
903 Posts
good to see you oot and aboot again im at sunart all next week may see you at the shed or the pier
tight lines the fox.

·
Turbot Magnet
1,858 Posts
I did miss those reports,first of all i hope you are completely mended now,it is really nice to see you back to fishing with the mad dog,great report and pics mate...only a pint?You are getting old....lol
great stuff indeed
regards
tony

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got sprats from Morrisons for bait because I never kept any mackerel from the summer. Would you say sprats are as good as mackerel and what sort of fish go for them (I'm a newbie at this and I've only caught dogfish with bait....everything else has been dexter type wedges and spinners)

·
'Blast Beach Veteran'
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to see you out and about again mate, good report and cracking photos, looks like play time was a doggy a chuck as well lol.

jolly
Cheers Jolly, wanna swap avatars?
Maybe see ya at Gourdon fur a bit of dancin mackem cheers the noo
Definately maybe John (travoltaish) will bring some steps, save nicking the pallettes.

good to see you oot and aboot again im at sunart all next week may see you at the shed or the pier
tight lines the fox.
A pier on Sunart? Tell me more.

·
'Blast Beach Veteran'
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did miss those reports,first of all i hope you are completely mended now,it is really nice to see you back to fishing with the mad dog,great report and pics mate...only a pint?You are getting old....lol
great stuff indeed
regards
tony
Graveyard meet? Go on, you know you want to. Grab Gus, Lynchy, Briser, Wooky, Rab & co. Our lass will bring the mince, i'll dee the good old Durham miners ham broth!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts