World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We invited one of the lads from work with who had always taken an interest in the plugging and catch reports myself and tiddler1 were telling him about. He had always had an interest in mainly fly fishing and started to aquire various plugs,braid and reel etc.

Conditions had changed in 24hrs from chocolate to gin clear and very little movement on the surface, ideal for the surface lures we thought. After a few casts using various lures the new boy hooks into a lovely bass using a lucky craft gunfish, an estimate of between 5 to 5.5lbs. Superb fish and myself and tiddler1 open mouthed!!!! To top the evening off, I see a miss next to his lure again. Ignore the blood in the pictures, treble had nicked one of the gills, bass was given time to recover and swam away strong as an ox.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Excellent, well done to the lad. Did you or Tiddler1 manage anything?

I'm about to put up my report from tonight, not as good as yours..

***Edit***

Just read the post again and noticed the size, that's double my p.b. on lures or bait up here. Well done again.

·
Team Hardcore (Scotland)
688 Posts
Lovley photos - love the second one especially. Really nice fish!

·
Registered
961 Posts
We invited one of the lads from work with who had always taken an interest in the plugging and catch reports myself and tiddler1 were telling him about. He had always had an interest in mainly fly fishing and started to aquire various plugs,braid and reel etc.

Conditions had changed in 24hrs from chocolate to gin clear and very little movement on the surface, ideal for the surface lures we thought. After a few casts using various lures the new boy hooks into a lovely bass using a lucky craft gunfish, an estimate of between 5 to 5.5lbs. Superb fish and myself and tiddler1 open mouthed!!!! To top the evening off, I see a miss next to his lure again. Ignore the blood in the pictures, treble had nicked one of the gills, bass was given time to recover and swam away strong as an ox.

If you are worried about trebles and deep hooking then a single hooked soft plastic will most often result in a lip hooked fish that is relatively easy to unhook. Soft plastics aren't always as good as plugs but its just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.