World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

I've just moved over and have only been coarse fishing before, so don't have much of a clue when it comes to sea fishing.

I'm looking to fish around Bangor from the shore.

Can anyone offer any tips on:
- types of rigs to use
- baits
- best times and tides to go
- good spots to try
- what I'm likley to catch (if anything!)

Is now a good time to catch anything or is it better later in the summer?

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
834 Posts
It will soon be mackeral time which means feathers from the pier and lots of people on the pier. You would be better trying further down the coast at Ballywalter or Ballyhalbert. Rag worm on 3 hook flapper will do the trick. Fix spool rod and beach caster. You should try and stay away from fish baits ...mac/herring etc as there are plenty of crabs. You can try using jelly worms etc with a spinning rod at the pier where you will get mini species. You can also try the beach at Crawfordsburn which can turn up some surprise fish. Sorry i can, be more help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips, that's really useful - I wondered if there's any point fishing at Crawfordsburn as I've never seen anyone fishing there when I've been down for a walk. I'll give it a go though as it's pretty close to me. I've not looked any further down the coast than Bangor so that's a good tip to go down to Ballyhalbert if it's quieter there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts