World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would tip my hat on here, I'm a relative newbie to kayak fishing and have just moved to the IOW so will be getting out a bit more (hopefully). Would appreciate any hints or tips if any spring to mind. I used to troll fish in kent with very little success. Using a Malibu 2 at the moment, I know it isn't a bespoke fishing kayak but it is a stable platform with loads of room (told the wife I bought it to take the kids out). Have scotty rod holder and a cheap fish finder fitted. Any info on locations/ techniques would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
there are a few good yak'ers who live there,but for lures most trawling lures ,rapala has some great lures,xrap,or the broken back flouters,blue /white,black /white,these are die hard lures.and usually produces a take when all else fails.
that's a top big bass area.im a little jealous.:thumbs:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi hennie, I've yet to see anyone out, Ive seen a couple off st helens way which is close but I'm eager to sink my teeth into the beach on my doorstep. been told it is ray heaven but only time will tell. Should have said Whitecliff bay is a 5 min walk from my front door

·
Registered
410 Posts
Just thought I would tip my hat on here, I'm a relative newbie to kayak fishing and have just moved to the IOW so will be getting out a bit more (hopefully). Would appreciate any hints or tips if any spring to mind. I used to troll fish in kent with very little success. Using a Malibu 2 at the moment, I know it isn't a bespoke fishing kayak but it is a stable platform with loads of room (told the wife I bought it to take the kids out). Have scotty rod holder and a cheap fish finder fitted. Any info on locations/ techniques would be gratefully received.
sign up to a forum called beach and boat. heres the link http://www.beachandboat.co.uk/

·
Registered
722 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts