World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poacher are you fishing , if so i think the tide is at about 12.15 ish ( high)i'll be there about 9.30 ish but only a medium size tide .Don't no about the weather ?
Anybody know how it's fishing?

Having never fish here before ,went for a bit of a look. At first went down bendrick rd, this lead to a deadend , then went down weston road. This lead to a foot path and then the beach. looking straight out to sea , sully island to my left and a bay to my right, with a point some way round .

Am I in the right place ? If so where on the beach do i fish ?

Looking at the beach for the first time i thought the point looked quite good or am i fishing in the wrong place?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
hi dai, i meant i was goin this morning not tonite, anyway yes u r in the right place , but u fish to the right, theres roks on right just b4 a small sandy bay,go onto point cast straight out, or even 2 the left a bit, go 60 or 70 yds so u dont get caught up m8..but the dead end u r on about, does it come out by the navy station base by some houses. if so u should ignore that turnin, and carry on straight down 2 roundabout, turn left in2 industrial estate, bear 2nd left, ignore the 1st left it is a small rd. and drive 100yds. and park there cos beach on your left. is a shorter walk. and u come right out by the sandy bay..weather supposed 2 b gettin worse 2nite, so i may go down now, on me own, if not i may c u later.. good hunting..

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that poacher, will give it ago to night with dropped a pollock . Hope you do all right ,but leave a few for us !!!!!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
4 Whiting And A Rockling Dai, Very Windy 2day, Roks Very Slippery, Take It Easy Down There. Lots Of Bites, That Really Surprised Me, But I Didnt Take Worm, So If U Have Worm It Might B A Different Story M8. All The Best, Get The Buggers..

·
Registered
282 Posts
Whats wrong poacher thought you d have a few cod in the bag lol any way well done for at least pulling a couple of whites wonder how dais gonna get on tonight its a bit wild oot there. Lunker

·
Registered
737 Posts
is it a high or low water mark?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, well, well ,we fished fished on some ledges, I think it was the Haize ,any way we fished from about ten till three .The weather was weard with rain, wind up to 60 mph ,snow, sleat,thunder and lightening with long spells of flat calm . I think mother nature through the book at us and some .
Back to the fishing we both had 1 rockling each .I lost 2 fish on the way in and a slack liner .Dropped a pollock missed three realy good bites .I think I'm going to give this another go quite soon .I think it would fish better on a bigger tide ,as there didn't seem to be much of a tide run down there ,unlike the Foreshore and the Ranny .
I know that one Rockling doesn't count for much . But Dropped A Pollock was well chuffed with his, as it's the first one he's ever caught and it was bigger than mine.
I'd rather lose on a day that fished like that than a day that fishes better . hee ,heee

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
well done both, i am off down there 2day, blowing again thow. i am at ranny 2moro night, let u no wot appens, if i dont get blown everywhere..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts