World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello guys had a go at fishing this year on my two weeks holiday to Benidorm. Fished off the rocks at Levante beach where all the locals go.
One old guy used a crude but very effective way of catching some fish. He used stale bread and wrapped around a trace of fishing wire with about four treble hooks pierced into the sides of the bread. The trace was fixed to the mainline and hoyed in the water about 10 yards out. The fish basically go mad with the bread and you false hook them in the frenzy,effective but crude. I used this method a couple of times but stuck mainly with a float and the inards of a baggete piece of bread. I rolled up small pieces into balls and put it on a small trout hook fishing about 15 yards out and 3 feet down. Loads of bites with the little ones and when a bigger one hit it was manic. Strong little bu--ers for such little fish.
All in all good fun.
Wonder what sort of fish it is.
PS I was surprised to see locals using beach casters and fixed spool casing out 100 yards or so and using dead fish as bait for bigger fish.
Did,nt see out bigger caught.

PS I also had a good drink most nights.:)

Mick.

·
Registered
176 Posts
tried fishing in mamaris turkey once mick, little brown fish were poisonous? so im always wary on little blighters ,good pics dave ps there is a lot of mullet about the water ski jetty

·
Registered
274 Posts

Hello guys had a go at fishing this year on my two weeks holiday to Benidorm. Fished off the rocks at Levante beach where all the locals go.
One old guy used a crude but very effective way of catching some fish. He used stale bread and wrapped around a trace of fishing wire with about four treble hooks pierced into the sides of the bread. The trace was fixed to the mainline and hoyed in the water about 10 yards out. The fish basically go mad with the bread and you false hook them in the frenzy,effective but crude. I used this method a couple of times but stuck mainly with a float and the inards of a baggete piece of bread. I rolled up small pieces into balls and put it on a small trout hook fishing about 15 yards out and 3 feet down. Loads of bites with the little ones and when a bigger one hit it was manic. Strong little bu--ers for such little fish.
All in all good fun.
Wonder what sort of fish it is.
PS I was surprised to see locals using beach casters and fixed spool casing out 100 yards or so and using dead fish as bait for bigger fish.
Did,nt see out bigger caught.

PS I also had a good drink most nights.:)

Mick.

Its a Gold-Lined Bream or Salema mate.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
hi, next time you are out there, take the glass bottomed boat out to the island, there are lots of big barracuda to see, and loads of those bream. you can fish off the island, the south side slopes down into the water and has easiest access.
there is a vending machine selling bait,(not bad quality) in front of the sailing club building.
dont get left on the island!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts