World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A quick report for you about a trip on board the Benjoma yesterday. Got on the Boat for 09:30 to make the 10:00 lock out. Headed straight up to to try a mark not far off Sully. Within minutes of casting out one of the party had a nice 3lb codling on squid and mackerel. About ten minutes after that I had a nice knock and reeled in a surprise 8lb Huss, my first ever and a new club record - Was well chuffed. After that a few doggies came on board. then the rays started first out was a nice 3 and a half pound spotted. Then came a few small thornies and another spotted. Later on I managed to cath the plug or so I thought until I eventually got it moving. Big Blonde the skipper said - got it to within ten foot of the boat and then my line parted! Gutted! They dont half go! A few more small rays were caught and doggies, another codling around the 2lb mark and a 16lb conger. Last 2 fish of the day were a 10lb Thornie and a 4.5 lb bass caught by Rachel our female member of the club. The last two hours went dead.

All in all a good day considering the strong North Easterly blowing. Plenty of fish caught - 8 different species in all.

Hats off to Paul the skipper for putting us over the fish in difficult conditions.

Hope you enjoy reading.

Cheers

Sharked

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
great boat and skipper, been using paul for many years.
well done on the fishing, quite a few blondes turning up this year, bodes well, latch on to one in shallow water with little tide and they are a good fight. as well as an attractive fish, i like blondes in any case.:kissing:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts