World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bassing to the Max!

Departed from Penarth, destination North Foreland point (hopefully).
We set sail first heading towards Porthkerry for a couple of drifts while Paul made his mind up on whether the weather would be OK to make the crossing.
Two drifts later we were England bound, the Channel was a bit lumpy but posed no problems to a bunch of salty seadogs like us.(Right Howard?)
Started drifting the offshore mark at Foreland with this bass coming after a couple of hours as the tide picked up.

It was pretty quiet out there so Paul moved us inshore to the mussel bed where Kev. and I managed to catch this 3lber. The greedy sod had managed to take both our baits and had two hooks in his gob. Since I had wound it in, Kev. graciously let me have the bass.

A few more small bass were caught but it then went dead so after flogging a dead horse we went around the point to Lynmouth to anchor up on the sandbanks for rays.

Richard.

Simon.

Can't remember this gent's name.

One of Kev's rays.

My 14lb blonde(my first blonde)and a PB ray.

Then we went home.

I think we were all a bit disappointed that the bass didn't show in any numbers, only six were caught all day, but the rays went a little way to putting smiles on some of our faces.
A big thanks to Kev for getting the sandeels and to all the lads who came for making a quiet day enjoyable.
PS, big up to Howard for all the groundbait.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
well done lads good pics there:victory:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
:fishing1::fishing1::fishing1:well done bin mate nice:fishing1::fishing1:

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,629 Posts
Fantastic Days Fishing There Guys - Well Done!
Pauls A Top Skipper And A Top Bloke And Tries His Best To Put You Into The Fish...
Was Out With Him Last Wedneesday... Check The Report...
Out With Him Again On The 26th, But General Bottom Fishing At Anchor......
Tight Lines,
Sam_lougher.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Bassing to the Max!

Departed from Penarth, destination North Foreland point (hopefully).
We set sail first heading towards Porthkerry for a couple of drifts while Paul made his mind up on whether the weather would be OK to make the crossing.
Two drifts later we were England bound, the Channel was a bit lumpy but posed no problems to a bunch of salty seadogs like us.(Right Howard?)
Started drifting the offshore mark at Foreland with this bass coming after a couple of hours as the tide picked up.

It was pretty quiet out there so Paul moved us inshore to the mussel bed where Kev. and I managed to catch this 3lber. The greedy sod had managed to take both our baits and had two hooks in his gob. Since I had wound it in, Kev. graciously let me have the bass.

A few more small bass were caught but it then went dead so after flogging a dead horse we went around the point to Lynmouth to anchor up on the sandbanks for rays.

Richard.

Simon.

Can't remember this gent's name.

One of Kev's rays.

My 14lb blonde(my first blonde)and a PB ray.

Then we went home.

I think we were all a bit disappointed that the bass didn't show in any numbers, only six were caught all day, but the rays went a little way to putting smiles on some of our faces.
A big thanks to Kev for getting the sandeels and to all the lads who came for making a quiet day enjoyable.
PS, big up to Howard for all the groundbait.
well done boys and you bin on your pb WHAT DID TUBBY KARL CATCH ?????????

·
Registered
858 Posts
Karl caught a fish.
Where's the picture of your invisible ray?
WAT FISH AND ITS STILL ON MY PHONE LOL howard ground baiting wAS HE LOL:cc_surren:cc_surren:cc_surren

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WAT FISH AND ITS STILL ON MY PHONE LOL howard ground baiting wAS HE LOL:cc_surren:cc_surren:cc_surren
Don't take the pee out of the old man, he wasn't feeling too well and needed to have a kip.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Don't take the pee out of the old man, he wasn't feeling too well and needed to have a kip.
thats why they call him the mattress lol:nono::nono::nono:

·
Registered
73 Posts
good on you lads looks like u had areal fine day :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
574 Posts
well done on your pb blonde ray. unlucky with the bass (I think we were all a bit disappointed that the bass didn't show in any numbers, only six were caught all day) i know the feeling when i said it i got slated by some idiots on the forum

·
Registered
347 Posts
I agree with Bin's comments re everyone being dissapointed with the Bass. I think half the problem revolves around expectation, we probably expected a bit to much following the success of other trips. Quite a few of us will be back out with PAul on the 19th, fingers crossed the bass are more forthcoming then. I personally learned quite a bit technique wise, different marks requiring slightly different techniques. Trouble is I always seem to learn the hard way! At least I ended the day with two keepers and a couple of decent smalleyed which gave a good account of themselves on light downtide gear. Nice change to catch small eyed without being plauged by dogfish as well.

Well done on the photo's Bin..........a regular David Bailey!

·
Registered
858 Posts
It's the only blonde I do get my hands on these days.
i was going to say that but didnt want to hurt your feelings ( as if ) lol :whistling:whistling:whistling

1 - 20 of 23 Posts