World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Century Kompressor Super Sports, Penn Mags, Sloshes
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the opportunity to take a trip aboard the Benjoma Too on a drifting trip. Paul made the plans that we would go and fish a few drifts over the other side, Foreland Point.
We were all up and early with everything prepared the day before, plenty of weights, Spare traces etc, etc...

We then arrived at the Marina to meet Paul and deckhand at 5:45am to set sail at 6am.
After a good hour at most of a bumpy ride across the channel we finally arrived at the first spot nearby Foreland Point. The wind was gusting fairly strong at times making the drift really hard and making things awkward to stay on course so after a few attempts, but to no avail we headed to a second mark, again nearby Foreland Point.

After a few drifts, a second charter arrived and drifted nearby.... Within a few minutes it was as if someone turned a switch on and the fishing went crazy for a few hours.
First into a fish was the man himself, Gerald Porter with a fine Pollack of around 3lb, that fell to mackerel feather's...
Second into a fish was Deckhand, again with a fine Pollack around the same size which fell to a Jelly worm.

Me and Crossman persisted to fish with the live Eels and started to bag up on Pollack. I then after a stonking take that doubled the rod right over and a cracking fight, a PB Pollack of around 5lb surfaced.
Over the next hour or so we carried on pulling in Pollack left, right and centre...

With the exception of Gerald landing 2 Mackerel and myself landing another 1.... :fish:
One of Gerald’s son's managed a treble shot of Pollack in quick succession through the drift that really put the rod to the test as we all thought he hooked a PROPER ONE! :spiteful:
After a frantic few hours fishing and a load of fish boated it was time to head back across the channel which didn’t turn out too bad as the wind dropped...

I was happy to say that I wasn’t beaten by sea sickness this time and it was well and truly rough out there... :sun:
Looking forward to going out on the 26th August on a general bottom fishing trip... :fish: Let's just hope the fish come out to play...

I can't beat good old Browny's reports but I try my best... :p

To some the trip up it was a load of Pollack's!!!!

Tight Lines,

Sam_Lougher.

·
Registered
858 Posts
well done sam sounds like a good trip well done on the pollack and macy paul is a top skipper and top bloke too tight lines LEE

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Mate, Yeah, Pauls A Great Skipper And A Good Laugh At Times!
Tight Lines,
Sam_lougher.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well done mate.But no bass?Paul must be slipping but well done again boys
No Bass mate...

We tried the drift over the Bass ground a number of imes to no avail...

Paul said it was down to the wind blowing the boat off drift all the time...

Happy with the trip anyways despite the lack of Bass, this was made up with the cracking sport of the Pollack and a new Pb Pollack for myself... :fish:

Tight Lines,

Sam_Lougher.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well done Sam, Sounds like you were kept busy enough

Got a live eel trip with Paul on Sunday. Just hope the weather holds out as it changed changed dramtically on the eve of the previous trip.

Trying to avoid checking the froecast every half hour........getting paranoid:wallbash:

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
i booked a trip the other week with paul, live eels etc, we had about 30 bass, the best running at 9lb 10oz, weather got the better of the trip though and we had to run up the somerset coast and cross between the islands, love my trips with paul, he is a great skipper and a good bloke, the trip before, we drifted the horseshoe, a pinnacle mark just off forland, i had a nice 10lb pollack here.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Woodsy,

We were booked to go the day after your trip. Think you were out on the friday we were supposed to go saturday.

Fingers crossed for this weekend...........failing that I'm booked on another bass trip 18 or 19th of August...must be lucky at least once!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Nice report Sam, sounded like the action was ok :clap3:

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers For The Posts Guys!
Out With Paul Again On The 26th, But Just General Bottom Fishing At Anchor This Time...
Tight Lines,
Sam_lougher.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts