World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi fished benllech monday with a mate and my son was,nt brill it was the 1st time really for all of us i caught 1 mack used this for bait then had a doggie a small dab and a bloody big launce the point is we really liked the mark but we felt we could have done a bit better any advice on this mark would be really helpful we also watch a number of dolphins approx 1000yds away totaly awsome

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Renowned as a family bathing beach (was there with my grand children and my mum just last week - nice chips, icecream, pity about all the folk!) Never fished it although I'm from Anglesey. You obviously tried for info. at Latham's in Benllech? (never been there but they are local) My advice would be to try the Northen 'arm' of the bay, (or even St. David's Bay just South of Benllech beach, at the end of the cliffs, only ever walked there!) if you try it again. Otherwise I did offer some advice to someone else ('Anglesey Bass' this page) about fishing Anglesey.

·
Registered
76 Posts
hi mate that is where i fish alot as i have a caravan in marian glas. if you fished for the mackerel at low tide its useless high tide is great, last weekend i had 44 mack in 1hour and half. fishing the bottom mainly produces doggys, dabs and the small odd flounder,
cheers

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hi Bill,
I know the mark you mean well. Also the campsite, Johns a top bloke,,,barking mad :)
As Jonathan says it really is doggy city off there,but if you can get a cast of over 120yds there are ray and smoothies to be had.
Big sandeel parcelled with mack and squid have been successful in the past.
Never had much success for bass off there but the link below may point you to some other decent marks on the island.
Hope this helps bud,
Terry F.

http://www.nwsa.ukf.net/anglesey/anglesey.htm

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks lads ill keep you informed i know guys dont like doggies but hey its a fish and i do like to eat macky cheers

·
Registered
76 Posts
terry f. said:
Hi Bill,
I know the mark you mean well. Also the campsite, Johns a top bloke,,,barking mad :)
As Jonathan says it really is doggy city off there,but if you can get a cast of over 120yds there are ray and smoothies to be had.
Big sandeel parcelled with mack and squid have been successful in the past.
Never had much success for bass off there but the link below may point you to some other decent marks on the island.
Hope this helps bud,
Terry F.

http://www.nwsa.ukf.net/anglesey/anglesey.htm

hi terry not heard of the smoothies and ray been caught of there before but i have a boat so i may try off there. you reckon near that green triangular buoy then for a good chance ii heard there was some conger coming out during winter though
cheere jon

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hi Jonathan.
I`ve had smoothies and thornback from there but as I said,you need some distance.
Forgot to mention the conger.
I`ve caught amongst the rocks towards the left and right in the mouth of the deep fissure where all the kids go crabbing.
Nothing too big though and almost all on fresh caught whiting fillet.
All the best bud,
Terry F.

·
Registered
76 Posts
hiya terry
went to hewits today nothing caught on the bottom loads of mack though and 1 sandeel.
noticed at lowish tide about 4ft 0f water 5 or 6 fish swimming about 10yds out , at least 18inches long they were they not mackeral or doggies any ideas? they were about 1ft from top. looked ***** brown on top silver on bottom. on left side of the rock.
cheers jon

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hard to say from that desrciption mate.
Could be pollock but doubtful from there at the moment bud.
Any idea of fin pattern?

·
Registered
76 Posts
terry f. said:
Hard to say from that desrciption mate.
Could be pollock but doubtful from there at the moment bud.
Any idea of fin pattern?
hiya terry

i caught a small polock from there the other week about 6inches long so maybe!!
they were more shaped like a bass quite fat and chunky they looked?
cheers jon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts