World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry:
5/7/20

Me and gd few other lads met up on benone that I organised on the ni/Donegal shore angler fb page. Was decent turn out 10-15 off us showed up only thing was the weather was as appalling lol. 40-50mph winds going sideways down the beach+rain after hour and half of fishing we all separated some went home some changed venue was nightmare to fish in. Me and a mate of mine travelled further east looking for more shelter both settled in ballintoy with a bit of shelter from the wind but was still getting a gd bit of it up the bake :(which caused one of my new rods to take a dive of the rod rest doing abit of damage shown in the photos:cry: . fished 3-4 hours hand sized flounder for the both us lol but was gd to get out will have another report hopefully tomorrow or sometime this week have another new rod/gold flashy one:wink:to test out have sold a few and bought a few recently never ends lol tight lines

Lou dog

4B2F6313-1C4E-4412-BFCD-E27CDBC95839.jpeg
B98A24EF-7CBF-4FBC-88A0-853C716E33E0.jpeg
37479713-DE08-448C-B391-BCAC803C90D0.jpeg
D0584EE7-73BE-4969-AE7F-BF0E1E9CAD0D.jpeg

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Well Lou at least ye tried and that's about all that can be asked of you.

Nights when the wind howls we bungie the rods to the rest and then use a climbers *nut* to fasten the rod rest to the rocks. I always set the rod rest up pointing down wind unless it's an in your face Easterly.
Although I've still had rod damage myself on the odd occasions.

Just one of those debacle fishing trips, but like I say, at least ye give it your best shot:cool:

Mark...

Reactions: kingloudog

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hard luck Lou, at least you got a plan B sorted.

With that rod, do those chips make it done for or can it be repaired?
Looks like it only cosmetic but can replace the butt section if need be but think it’s only cosmetic realy

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
If the chips are just in the laquer then no harm done, but ye know fine rightly Dave:BigGrin: if it's chipped down to the carbon then it's a weak spot being so close to the reel seat.

But fire away Lou cause it will either crack at the stress points or not:D Now the time I never strapped the rods to the roof rack an one rod got run over by the traffic ( multiple times) now that rod was damaged hahaha.

Mark...:rolleyes:

Reactions: kingloudog
1 - 6 of 6 Posts