World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright lads been a while from I've had a report up..

Haven't had the bait gear out in well over a year maybe 2.... 2 lads from work were heading for benone on friday night I thought I'd tag along.. got to the beach around 2.30pm to fish a rising tide high tide was 6.30 not ideal but us shift workers can't be to picky... I fished 2 rods 1 at distance clipped down rig big baits and 1 in close 2 hook flapper small baits... the distance rod kept the crabs fed and I'd a plaice and a flounder on the close rod in a 7 hour session... 1 of the other lads had 3 flounder the other had 9 plaice & flounder he was using 3 hook flapper size 4 hooks I refuse to go below size 2 :laugh:

Not a great session but I enjoyed getting the big rods out again even if it does feel overpowering to catch wee flatties :laugh::laugh:

Till the next time

Stevie....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Bout ye Stevie:D
Good to see ye out an about, been a while. At least you got a fish an didn't blank.

Those wee hooks, I just cannot get a big bait on them :confused: an canny bring myself to use them:D

Still, at least ye got out an got the head showered:thumbsup:

Mark...

Reactions: neiller

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
hate using small hooks, rather go big bait for big fish

Reactions: fedstar

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bout ye Stevie:D
Good to see ye out an about, been a while. At least you got a fish an didn't blank.

Those wee hooks, I just cannot get a big bait on them :confused: an canny bring myself to use them:D

Still, at least ye got out an got the head showered:thumbsup:

Mark...
Alright mark mate

I've been out a few times the past few weeks with my wee boy at portmuck with the lures just hadn't a report up. All small pollock apart from 1 ( I'll upload the picture)

Na small hooks ain't for me either! That was the 1st and last time using them :thumbsdown: my next beach outing I'll be reverting back to big hooks and pennel rigs :thumbsup:

But aye it was great to get the bait gear back out...

hate using small hooks, rather go big bait for big fish
I hear ya bud! :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Aye Stevie,
that's a nice Pollock for Portmuck:cool:

Mark...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts