World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
WSF Primary Administrator.
60,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just receaved my tool through the post and am pleased with the quality of it.
Thought of using one of these things a few years ago (BogaGrip)but wasn't sure and they were very expensive £100+ in the UK.
Wont be able to use it for a few weeks though,but from looking at the photos on Henrys site it should make things easier and better for me and the fish.
Berkley do seem to have upped the quality of their products and I also got the new braid snips which also look good quality.
Sometimes it is good to see pictures of other anglers using the latest developments as otherwise some people wouldnt know about them etc.
Spending a lot of time on forum this week as my business is a bit slow this week,and its nice to have a bit of a break to chill etc.
Wish I lived nearer the coast:cry::cry::cry:
Also receaved one of the Tacklehouse feed shallow lures this morning and I would have to say the Japanese build quality of these lures is amazing.Perfect split lines and finish etc,Plastic mould tools is my business(polishing)and these are seriously well made.
Some plugs are very poorly made"mouldings"and have silly hooks on them etc.I like good stuff and I think it gives you more confidence when fishing.

Nick.:fishing1::fishing::thumbs:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I agree about the feed shallow plugs. I have the '+' version. Not sure if its different to the one that is talked about on here. I actually asked the question about grippers and nets etc a couple of weeks back, but had 0 replies. My only concern is how close you need to get to the fish before gripping the jaw. Not sure how long the handle is, but wouldnt fancy having to get down right next to the water with a swell to grab one when fishing off rocky marks. Then again for wading etc, I suppose it would be a lot less hassle, no trebles in net etc.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I've been using one of those Boga's for the past three years, and a good bit of kit they are.
Its so quick and easy when wading, to grip the fish, put the rod under the same arm, then use a pair of pliers to shake the fish of the treble, all without getting out of the water. Less stress on the fish too.

I bought one, after seeing my oppo's thumb connected to a treble on a Mag Popper which was also connected to a five pound bass. I had great difficulty disconnecting the two, while laughing my rocks off !!!!!!!!!! I also missed an afternoons fishing taking him into hospital to have the treble removed.

Ah, thats what friends are for tho'

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
been thinking on getting one myself looking at one thats not to long and you can slip into a pocket.
other hand if i had one last sunday whilst out on the hounds i would not have lost two fish for my son nathan whilst grabing the leader and waiting for the swell to rise enough over a ledge.but going to get a good net for that mark .
tight lines roamer.
up the gower tommoro full week on the bass.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Bogagrip

UK = £119
USA = $119
Welcome to "Rip off Britain".
Try to order one from the US and you'll get hit with high postage costs, VAT, Import duty and a "handleing fee" for the priviledge of being allowed to pay the tax.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Wouldn't like to be without my trusty Boga Grip (& pliers) ~ a brilliant tool ~ with practice means you don't ever need to touch a fish or lay it down at all :thumbs:

The 30lb model can be found for just a bit over $100 + shipping if you look hard...

CP

·
Registered
435 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts