World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone used the berkley lightning spinning rod and if so what did you think of it?
i saw one today in the tackle shop and it looked half tidy atleast

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hi Blue. I use a Berkley Lightning for bass plugging with a small Abu multiplier with thumb bar spool release. The model I have is the LPC-621M. Its 6' 2" long and has a trigger grip, rated 1/4 to 5/8 ounce (although it will handle more). It casts a J13 size plug beautifully. My mate also uses one, but he has the slightly heavier model. For the money you can't go wrong. After using these shorter rods, I find it hard to go back to my old longer outfit with a fixed spool reel. By the way, there also fantastic for bream fishing from a boat. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Blue

I haven't tried the lightning but I have a series one 6'6" casting 1/8- 3/4oz and also a hotrod express same length and casting wieght. From what I've seen both these rods are damn near the same as the lightning and I can't fault them at all. I use Yo-zuri mag sliders most of the time and get 30-40 yards using an abu 1003lp on one rod and a pflueger trion on the other.

You can't beat the feeling of a decent Bass on one of these little rods, I started using them about 5 years ago and I will never go back to 9' rods and fixed spools :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info guys. ive just been and bought one so ill soon see for myself.

the model i got is the LRS-100. its a 10' medium spinning rod, rated for casting between 15-55g lures. i went for the longer rod so that i can also use it for some float fishing.

i also had a small mitchell avocast fixed spool with it but im not sure ill use this. id rather use my old trusty abu baitcaster instead ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.